whisper1967

I would like to use Prestashop default theme to create a front end page

THis is going to be hard to explain i guess, but when visitors visit my url, I would like them to first visit a "normal" page which would have links to other pages such as guns, dog training and blog.

The reason for this is I had my site set up but paypal has taken offence to me offering firearms and asked them to be seperated frrom the main content.

I'm not sure how I can make use of the default theme and still maintain my header image throughout.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hello

i don't know what you exactly expect.

You want to create separate shops ?

what you mean by "normal" page?

maybe some exaples exists? if so, please send us urls / screenshots

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I guesss the best example I can give you is the Prestashop website itself, when I load up www.prestashop i get one set of pages, then when I click on demo, I get another set of pages and finally if I click on store front I get taken to another address.

So what I would like to do (for ease of construction, and becasue I'm not really a web designer) is to use Prestashop and have my theme set up so when someone clicks on my web address they are taken to a welcome screen with no products or carts, but simply a topmenu, logo and some text, the topmenu would then have various menus one of which would be "store" when you click on this it takes you to the "normal" prestshop store front, but still keeping the same theme as the welcome page, there would also be another page which would have info and a gallery showing the firearms, again with no cart of products so to say.

The reason I want to you use prestashop in this way is because it allows me to design a website keeping the same theme throughout, if I start to use a different web creation tool such as Rapid weaver or similar, I can't seem to get the css and html code to function in the same way.

Does that make sense? It maybe that Prestsshop is just not desigend for that, in which case I will have to find an alternate way of doing things, but I hope that I can get this to work.

1) you can move your prestashop to directory

2) on homepage you can create similar looking page, where you can create own content , in menu you can add "shop" link to the directory with your prestashop

-----

other method is to modify prestashop homepage

but to be honest, This all requires a bit of work so you need to be familiar in webdesign :(