jeckyl

[FREE MODULE] Smoke Scrolling Background

Hi,

This free module simply add an animation of smoke at the top of your background.

Download free Module
SmokeScrolling Background

Tested on :

• Prestashop 1.2
  • Prestashop 1.3
  • Prestashop 1.4
  • Prestashop 1.5

See it in action on http://free.prestashop.addons.mediacom87.com

Give your version and your shop url of Prestashop to see this beautifull module in action on your site

• Like 7

Hi I tried this module and it is nice, However the smoke is in front of some items like color choice and the left and right collums at the top of the site and it makes it impossible to change color of items and to click some left/right collums links that the picture covers. Can it be made to float just after the background image instead if having the png smoke cover some clickable items. Thanks

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

Hi,

To change the smoke color ... Change the smoke pictures.

If you want to make clickable element only one solution put put it front of smoke.

Hi thanks for the response. How do i put the clickable modules in front of the smoke. The smoke module is set to the lowest position on positions. Failing this I could try making the make smoke images shorter so they just float across the header and no lower than the menu bar.

Hi,

The position of the module in prestashop configuration just manage the position in Y level.

I speak about z-index configuration of your element with CSS rules.

Hi thanks for the response jeckyl it is a beautiful mod. I am not sure how to impliment the changes you suggested. I have looked through the code and I am not great ate templating, Can you explain how i can change the positions of the effect so i can use it on the site. Failing this i can see how to make the frame size smaller and will just edit it to run across the header and try it. Thanks. It is a beautiful effect. When i get time i will try my changes if i cannot figure out your suggested method.

Hi,

If you want some change on this free module you can give me a clearly brief and i made you quote for that.

Looks really great, only downside is the hugh CPU load for the user. Bear this in mind if you have visitors with low spec PCs, tablets or smartphones.

To make it really usefull a javascript function that detects the time to run the script and cancels it if it runs to slow would needs to be added.

Ok i've installed and i like the effect but the color blends in the background i chose, how can i change the color?

just change the smoke pictures

Hi @ jeckyl Thanks for this simple but effective Mod!!

I've resolved my little problem ( search field and the three standard button :contact/sitemap/bookmark/ were not working )

just twicking a bit with the css module's, I've add 100 px to Top position ( 1st line. before was set to 0)

and everything seem to be Ok

Thanks again for sharing this module

Thank you so much jeckyl, I am trying to build an e-cig related site and this will be perfect! In the event I want to change the color of the smoke I am thinking I would have to change the images in the file. Would they be in the module folder or do they get moved to the default img folder? Thanks so much for all your help.

Thank you so much jeckyl, I am trying to build an e-cig related site and this will be perfect! In the event I want to change the color of the smoke I am thinking I would have to change the images in the file. Would they be in the module folder or do they get moved to the default img folder? Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi,

It's in the module folder.

• Like 1

wonderful,

would be even better if it could change between colors in a soft rainbow change...

well i guess its possible making the images in some gradient colors, i will make a try!

very nice work :)

Hi,

To change the smoke color ... Change the smoke pictures.

If you want to make clickable element only one solution put put it front of smoke.

Hi,

You can make elements under the smoke clickable by using pointer-events: none; in the smoke style (for every browser except IE).

This is works 1.6 version but only like as thin line.

Hello, can you tell me if there is a putting prestashop has in the daytime of the module for the version 1.6.
Thank you
  • Like 1

Has anybody figured out how to get this to work in 1.6?

Is there something out there similar to this for 1.6?

Please can someone help me... I had downloaded this Free module and uploaded it to my store. Now i can not access the module manger page in the back office.

i am using 1.7.5

Please could someone help me