My Prestashop Nightmare

How come since version PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1 nothing works or updates any more i used to love prestashop but my opinion is changing rapidly

Version 1.5.4 - Crashed my websites totaly and when i did get it to work paypal didnt work with it and the styles was all over the place so i ended up roling back

In hope that these problems were fixed i upgraded to 15.4.1 .......... GUESS WHAT

It didnt work again

even worse the styles are screwed.

i loved prestashop but i think if these problems dont get sorted out with the updates i may have to start looking else were for a ecommerce system that the updates actualy work

• Like 1

Hello d22009,

I'm sorry to hear about your PrestaShop problems. Running your own ecommerce solution is definitely a challenge. There are many people on this forum with a far greater knowledge of the system than me. They (like me) would love to help, but we need some information from you. Can you please provide a URL? And also information such as if you're using a specific theme or add-ons. If I can't help figure out the issue, I'm sure there will be another worthy individual who can help resolve your issues.

Regards,

Arnel C.

Community Support

Web Hosting Hub

• Like 1

ok this morning i created a copy of my store on my testing server i then ran the manual update following all the advise as the auto update was failing to download. i have a hand full of problems and somthing that appears to be missing so here goes.

1. the store front header is messed up see pic below

post-425484-0-12952300-1367489084_thumb.png

2. the admin area header is the same

post-425484-0-26556900-1367489083_thumb.png

also if you didnt notice on the header the trophy is missing. i have yet to test everything else but i would like to get these style problems resolved asap.

Hello D22009,

I took a look at your screenshots, and this is posted as a bug here:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-8960

They suggest that you change the code in the header.tpl and that the issue is being reviewed. Here's the change based on the post there:

yosawan added a comment - 02/May/13 1:29 AM

Have to change the setting in header.tpl. It is located in Theme> your theme> header.tpl

change

</a>

<div id="header_right" class="grid_6 omega">

{$HOOK_TOP}

</div>

to

</a>

<div id="header_right" class="grid_9 omega">

{$HOOK_TOP}

</div>

They also give screenshots and it seems to be resembling the same issue you're facing. Try this change and let us know if it helps!

Regards!

Arnel C.

Web Hosting Hub

Community Support Team