Age Verification in checkout

notcrack

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. In the backoffice you can change the translation options. I changed everything relating to the 'Get information form our partners', or something like that, to a checkbox that says 'I verify I am over the age of 18.' I require that box to be checked for checkout. I think it's labeled as optin at first. I also changed the translation of the option to age verification to.

Hi Mepis,

Thanks for your suggestion. I gave that a try, but I couldn't get it to work, but this was down to my hosting service. I did messa round with the code on the order-carrier.tpl and got a passable verification check box so this will have to do.

If anyone wants to know what I did. Just go to the order-carrier.tpl and find

{if $conditions AND $cms_id}
<h3 class="condition_title">{l s='Terms of service'}</h3>
<p class="checkbox">
 <input type="checkbox" name="cgv" id="cgv" value="1" {if $checkedTOS}checked="checked"{/if} />
 <label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the Terms of Service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read Terms of Service)'}</a>
</p>
<script type="text/javascript">$('a.iframe').fancybox();</script>
{/if}

and change it to this

{if $conditions AND $cms_id}
<h3 class="condition_title">{l s='Terms of service & Age verification'}</h3>
<p class="checkbox">
 <input type="checkbox" name="cgv" id="cgv" value="1" {if $checkedTOS}checked="checked"{/if} />
 <label for="cgv">{l s='I confirm that I am aged 18 or over.'}</label></br>
 <label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the Terms of Service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read Terms of Service)'}</a>
</p>
<script type="text/javascript">$('a.iframe').fancybox();</script>
{/if}

It seems to work fine and should stop any underage buyers.

Hope ti helps

Edited by notcrack (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I temporarily solved in this way

{if $conditions AND $cms_id} <h3 class="condition_title">{l s='Terms of service'}</h3> <p class="checkbox"> <input type="checkbox" name="cgv" id="cgv" value="1" {if $checkedTOS}checked="checked"{/if} /> <label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the Terms of Service and will adhere to them unconditionally. Also I confirm that I am aged 18 or over.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read Terms of Service)'}</a> </p> <script type="text/javascript">$('a.iframe').fancybox();</script> {/if}