[SOLVED] Link to "All Products" and then filter

Hello everybody,

I'm designing a little shop, which has a few products of different categories.

I would like a link in the Top Menu saying "Catalogue" that when pressed, it displayed all the products in the shop (as I said, there aren't so many).

After that, the idea is filtering the products with the Layered Navigation Block, selecting the category (which will be the type of product), colour, price, etc...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Edited by lord_enzo (see edit history)

Hi enzo,

Let me first check if I understand you well:

You have only a few products. The products vary by attributes (as you want to filter with layered Navigation)

Is it possible to put all products in one category, and diversify only by attributes? If so, you could just create one category named 'Catalogue' and add that category to your topmenu. You will then get all your products, which you can filter with the layered navigation...

After thought: if you still want to use (sub) categories to select sub groups of products, maybe you can add the products to these subcategories, but also to a (top level) category named 'Catalogue'. You might want to hang your subcategories under this top level one but is not necessary, I think...

My 2 cents,

pascal

• Like 1

Hi enzo,

Let me first check if I understand you well:

You have only a few products. The products vary by attributes (as you want to filter with layered Navigation)

Is it possible to put all products in one category, and diversify only by attributes? If so, you could just create one category named 'Catalogue' and add that category to your topmenu. You will then get all your products, which you can filter with the layered navigation...

After thought: if you still want to use (sub) categories to select sub groups of products, maybe you can add the products to these subcategories, but also to a (top level) category named 'Catalogue'. You might want to hang your subcategories under this top level one but is not necessary, I think...

My 2 cents,

pascal

Hi Pascal,

sorry for the delay in my answer, but I've been pretty busy. Thanks for your help. I think the attributes way that you describe is the best way to achieve what I want.

Also, my "Layered Navigation Block" module was misconfigured. Checking the code it just struck me. Sometimes the easier things are the ones that first go unnoticed!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Enzo