Module list disappears after Paypal module installation

williambesson

Hello,

I have Prestashop 1.4.2. My paypal module was a bit old and causing problems (2.4)

I decided to install the newest one (3.5) Previously I have added the "backward compatibility" module.

Once the .zip file is uploaded the module list disappears completely. The page is blank. I have to remove the paypal folder on my FTP if I want to see the module list again.

Any idea about what I can do to solve this problem?

Many thanks

Guillaume

post-470973-0-76898400-1367309998_thumb.png

You could be having two paypal modules in the system the initial one in the themes/your_theme/modules/paypal and the one you are trying to upgrade in modules/paypal directory. Just ensure this are the same versions or you have the module only in the modules directory and it should be fine.

Just a suggestion. Hope it sheds some light.

typically when the module admin goes blank it's because there is a module that is taking an error and is keeping the module load completion from finishing.

you can follow this to find the error:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-get-debug-information-for-500-error-or-blank-page/

make sure to search using google 'prestashop xxx' where xxx is your error message

Thanks a lot everybody for your answers but I am afraid I didn't improve my situation so far.

@Doulas Akula : I only have one place for the paypal module. I don't have this tree: themes/mytheme/modules/.

@eTiendas : Unfortunately I am not seeing any error. I have followed the instructions and I have this on :

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

But it's not showing anything :( . I have looked at my server and its php config and it's also supposed to display errors.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks for your time on this.

Guillaume

Thanks a lot everybody for your answers but I am afraid I didn't improve my situation so far.

@Doulas Akula : I only have one place for the paypal module. I don't have this tree: themes/mytheme/modules/.

@eTiendas : Unfortunately I am not seeing any error. I have followed the instructions and I have this on :

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

But it's not showing anything :( . I have looked at my server and its php config and it's also supposed to display errors.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks for your time on this.

Guillaume

This has to be a module error, can you delete the paypal and backward compatibility folders and then see your module list?