Limit on the number of categories?

alpadi7

Hello!

I am new to PrestaShop and I'm creating a family structure. There are currently 11682 categories, but most times it is not feasible navigate. With some 100 goes well. Is there any way that PrestaShop in a light handle all these categories. A shop of vehicle components.

Example: Compressors> AGCO> Terragator 1000 Series

Any solutions?

Thank you for your help.

Do yo really need to have the categories so specific? It would seem that you're placing the "brand" in there too which seems to be to be redundant. I'm pretty sure it would be much more efficient to have all compressors in one category and then use the layered navigation to filter e.g. first by "brand/manufacturer" (AGCO) and then maybe use a "feature" called "Series" with a value = Terragator 1000 to further filter down.

Paul

• 1 year later...

Do yo really need to have the categories so specific? It would seem that you're placing the "brand" in there too which seems to be to be redundant. I'm pretty sure it would be much more efficient to have all compressors in one category and then use the layered navigation to filter e.g. first by "brand/manufacturer" (AGCO) and then maybe use a "feature" called "Series" with a value = Terragator 1000 to further filter down.

Paul

I'm in a similar situation as the person above, I too am making a Vehicle website, and the solution you mentioned "sounds" good, but there is a big limitation that does not allow this.

For example, lets say you have a single motor mount. You can try a structure you suggest, for example "Manufacturer: Honda", and then "Year: 2002", etc. But the problem comes in when you try adding these filters with products. Honda, Acura, and Hyundai, for example, may ALL require the same part. As well as the part might be for 2001-2005 Honda Civic, 2002-2003 Acura Integra, etc.

But when you set attributes/filters/etc... it seems to only let you put "one" per product. So you can't pick both Honda and Acura. Etc.

If having to choose multiple categories, or multiple of the same products, multiple categories is probably the better choice.

Any advice regarding this?

• 6 months later...