How to display related products on product detail page?

Hi, i am new to prestashop. I have to display related products on the product detail page. Can someone help me. How i can do this whithout paid plugins/modules.

Is there any builtin module in prestashop backend or any free plugin. Please help me.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi #sheraz4pro,

Back Office -> Modules -> Products Category module status = enabled requisite.

Good work!

i enabled it  , but it didn't show any related products in the product details page

Can u please tell me what can be the problem

• 8 months later...

To change the length of the title go to the file:

themes/default-bootstrap/modules/productscategory/productscategory.tpl

find this code:

{$categoryProduct.name|truncate:14:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

...and change the number after 'truncate' to set the number of characters you want to show. For example, to set the length of the title to 30 characters:

{$categoryProduct.name|truncate:30:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

• 3 months later...

how can I get this pattern in product detail page in prestashop 1.6 ? where I can add quantity according to size and color of product and then click add to cart.

U4G7G.png

the question is not related to "related" products, its a kind of "combinations table" and this is what you should look like, module to create "combinations table"

• 10 months later...

hi guys, about this topic...
how can i have related products with this criteria:
i have add in ps_product a field (compatible_prod) and in that field there are values in numbers...
so i want to show in related products all the products that have the same number in that specific field....
i only need to show in front because those number are written in database by a 3th service by webservice.