Error insert new product

Hello to all,

my problem is when I try to insert a new product gives me this error:

PHP Warning: file_exists (): open_basedir restriction in effect. File (/ js / tiny_mce / langs / it.js) is not Within the allowed path (s): (C :/ Inetpub / vhosts / mysite.it \, C: \ Windows \ Temp \) in C: \ Inetpub \ vhosts \ mysite.it \ httpdocs \ controllers \ admin \ AdminProductsController.php on line 3478

Line 3478 is this:

$ iso_tiny_mce = (file_exists (_PS_JS_DIR_. 'tiny_mce / langs /'. $ iso_tiny_mce.. 'js')? $ iso_tiny_mce: 'en');

how can I fix? thanks

• 4 years later...

It seems you have open_basedir config value set in php.ini which is limiting the access. As a quick fix, If you disable open_basedir setting in php.ini, all would work well. But, that being said, my understanding is that the code itself might not be correct for windows environment. _PS_JS_DIR_ should contain an absolute path path of local filesystem which in-turn would require __PS_BASE_URI__ to have local path. So, you could either not use file_exist in this manner or make adjustment to the code to use correctly built path so as to not conflict with open_basedir setting.

An approach would be to edit 'controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php' and replace the line (which appears twice in the file)

$iso_tiny_mce = (file_exists(_PS_JS_DIR_.'tiny_mce/langs/'.$iso_tiny_mce.'.js') ? $iso_tiny_mce : 'en');

with

$iso_tiny_mce = (file_exists(_PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/js/tiny_mce/langs/'.$iso_tiny_mce.'.js') ? $iso_tiny_mce : 'en');
Edited by nanobyt3 (see edit history)