Charity shop needs your help to test it out

AlanWooler

Hi all,

So, I am a board member of a charity and we want to sell some merchandising items online and try to bring awareness to the charity and the condition as well as raise some money.

I have created a shop for us and would like you to test it out. It accepts cheque and PayPal (currently in sandbox mode) and I would like different people to test it in different ways :

1. Tell me what you think the site looks like (good and bad)

2. Create a fake user account and place a 'fake' order and tell the system you will pay by cheque or use one of the customer PayPal Sandbox accounts that I have documented below (each account has a virtual £300 each) and let me send emails to you to simulate the order/delivery process.

3. Send complaints or questions before/during/after an order and even after a pretend delivery to help me test it and let me know what you think of the emails as I have adjusted them.

4. I also have set up a feedback survey site which will email our some quick questions to a customer once an order has been delivered, so please help me test that and give feedback.

Please help with any or all of the above. The real site is for UK residents only, but if you want to help, just give fake names/addresses, but please give a real email address so that you can help test the email system & survey site if you can. I promise, I will never keep or use you email other than to help test this site before it goes live hopefully on or before the 7th May 2013 (yes, I haven't got long).

If you can help actually test my shop, when you place an order, let me know if you are happy to test the full experience, or let me know what you are willing to test. If there is no comment, I will assume you are happy to go all the way.

The Site is only a test, I have backed up the SQL database and site files, so it doesn't matter about the fake customer/orders/customer service messages, it will be destroyed after I have had enough people help me test it & the real shop will be updated with any changes.

http://test.alpha1shop.org.uk

The 'fake/virtual' PayPal Sandbox accounts you can use to pay for the pretend orders are :

[email protected]

blue1234

[email protected]

blue1234

[email protected]

blue1234

[email protected]

blue1234

[email protected]

blue1234

Thank you so much in advance for any help that you can give. This is my first shop that I have made and I am quite nervous about making it live and actually accepting order!

Alan

Edited by AlanWooler (see edit history)

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for taking a look.and for your comments about the photos not filling the box, I never actually noticed that, so will update the photos so that they do fit. On that note, do you know if there is an ideal resolution to fit the box, or does it just need to be square?

As to templates, I have no idea. I did look at 4 or 5 in the free theme but they seemed to be far too bright or flashy for a charity site. We also can't afford to pay for anything as we will be lucky to get much profit from the site.

I don't suppose you would have any idea what theme might work well? Sorry to ask, but I need as much help as people are willing to offer.

Thanks

Alan