Product Comments - limitation?

Hi there,

I've recently discovered on my shop that it seems like only one person to comment on an product using the Product Comments module.

I have one customer who has written a comment about the product, but discovered that neither a guest or I am able to write a comment for the product once there is one there from a customer.

So to clarify:

Customer 1 writes product comments

Neither guests or I am able to write another one after customer 1 has commented.

It allows you to comment on products, works if no one else has commented yet.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi there,

Many thanks for replying. I'm using version 1.5.4.0.

If no one has yet commented, it gives the link to the "Be the first to write your review !" part, but that doesn't seem to be appear if someone has already commented.

By the way, I am using the Default theme.

Edited by mmowmf (see edit history)

I've been doing some more testing and found that even when a comment has been added I don;t get the box above the item number in stock saying to wriite the review. Below is a screenshot of what I currently see:

x5vb6v.jpg

I have also created a test shop on a free web host and installed the shop from scratch and it works fine on version 1.5.4.0. The screenshot above is from my live shop where it was created via auto script from the Cpanel. That was when it was version 1.5.3 I believe and I have upgraded it since to 1.5.4.0. Has this got anything to do with it?

I am having the following issues with the Product Comments:

1. Can not add another comment after the initial comment has been submitted.

2. The number of comments is not displayed in the comments tab.

I have tried all the options and can't make it work.

If you have a fix to please share.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

@mmowmf, @razsnic;

Open this file: "themes/YourTheme/js/product.js".

Search for "$('#oosHook').hide()" and remove it wherever its found in this file. Also open this file: "themes/YourTheme/product.tpl". Search for

<div id="oosHook"{if $product->quantity > 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>

and replace it with

<div id="oosHook">

• 1 month later...