Home text editor - HELP change image

Hi everyone...
As a lot of other users, I am new in Prestashop... but let me say that I never seen so good work..it is the best...
My only problem untill now is because when I try to change the text and image in the Home Text editor, it gives me an error saying: "Unable to update the editor file. Please check the editor file's writing permissions." and also "An error occurred during the image upload." I have changed the permissions of all files with "editor" in it's name to 777 and even that way I can solve this... Someone can help me please? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced, and congratulations to all the people that give his contribute to this magnific platform, in special to the Prestashop Team.

Cordially

Henrique Mateus

• 3 weeks later...
To make the Home Text Editor work change the permission of the editorial.xml to (777 or 776)

Hope this help.

Hi hope you can help, in Home text editor the text will update with no errors and is fine, but on default images an error occurred during the image upload.

the permissions where changed on (modules/editorial/editorial.xml) but I still receive the error.

Many thanks

Mervyn

Great job though guys!!

By looking at the editorial.php file, I notices that the image called homepage_logo.jpg has been assigned as the file name that will be stored in the editorial folder, the way I fix the problem is to make sure you have the file in that folder rewritable so that way when you upload a file, it will rename it with homepage_logo.jpg and if there is one already in that folder it will be overwritten if you have that permission set to 777.