Setting a discount price for a specific item

Hello,

I'm in the process of finishing my store but still having a few teething problems if you were.

I'm trying to set a discount price for a specific item rather than a category, how would I go about doing this? I set one up under "Catalog price rules" a few days ago which seems to affect the price of that category.

I've looked at "Cart Rules" but that seems to be discount codes which I would prefer not to use, is it possible to do such a thing?

Also, I use the default template and on some items I only have 1 and it says "Last items instock" is there a way to change this in the template files or would that change them all? So if I had a few instock, it would be "Last items instock" but if it's 1 it would be "Last item instock" or would it be better just to change it like "Last item(s) instock" if the latter isn't possible?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Alpha55

Catalog > Products > Edit > Price [tab] > Specific prices > Add a new specific price [button]

I gave that a go but it still lists it under "Special offers" and even tho it doesn't actually have no % off, it still shows a red box which would house the % that you save.

Kind Regards,

Alpha55

Edit: Just removed the Catalog price rule for the category and set the price using "Add a new specific price" and it works! My bad haha! Thanks for your help, highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Alpha55

Edited by Alpha55 (see edit history)