[Solved] An extra product appears in my customers shopping cart

Hi guys. I have a problem with my shopping carts. I've had 2 customer shopping carts with an extra product in it that they didn't order. The thing is that the extra product doesn't add up to the total but it appears on the bill.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks

Edited by user_andrei (see edit history)

A few questions:

- You say 2 customers, does that mean it happens sporadic, not all the time??

- Did the customer him/herself see it already happen when checking out, or was it added only afterwards??

- Did you ever delete orders in your shop? If so, the product that was added, did any old customer order that product by any chance? (If you still have the old 'deleted' orders on file, check the old order with possibly the same id/order number)

- The product that was added, was it the same both times?

- Is there anything 'special' about the added product(s)? Combinations/attributes/other special characteristics?

What PS version do you use?

Any link to your shop?

My 2 cents,

pascal

• Like 1

A few questions:

- You say 2 customers, does that mean it happens sporadic, not all the time??

- Did the customer him/herself see it already happen when checking out, or was it added only afterwards??

- Did you ever delete orders in your shop? If so, the product that was added, did any old customer order that product by any chance? (If you still have the old 'deleted' orders on file, check the old order with possibly the same id/order number)

- The product that was added, was it the same both times?

- Is there anything 'special' about the added product(s)? Combinations/attributes/other special characteristics?

What PS version do you use?

Any link to your shop?

My 2 cents,

pascal

I'm going to answer punctually to your questions as it may be usefull to others:

- yes, this doesn't happen all the time, it worked fine before

- I talked with the cutomers and they didn't add the other product

- the products added were different

- there was nothing special about these products

Im using PrestaShop™ 1.4.8.2

My shop is www.tratamentulnaturist.ro

And I think the answer is that I deleted some old orders by the method vieworder&token=/deleteorder&token=. One of the products from the deleted orders appearred in my customers shopping carts. So this must be the problem.

Thanks Pascal

See if you have any coupon. Delete all of them or try uninstalling the module (AWO coupon)

It fixed it in my case

No mate. It was my bad. I misunderstood what you said. I'm not using awo coupons. Sorry.

For me the problem remains the deleted orders

• 6 months later...

Hi guys. 

I am having this same issue but, RE PascalVG's questions above...

- it happens EVERY TIME. i have only had 4 orders but it has happened on all 4.
- the customer does not see the item in their cart, only on the invoice issued after order is placed. I also see it on the order in the BO.
- yes, i have deleted orders in my shop using the method vieworder&token=/deleteorder&token= as well and the "ghost" product was indeed in at least one of those test orders that i deleted. 

- the "ghost" product is always the same.
- there is nothing special about the ghost product except that it was the first product i ever added to my shop when designing it if that means anything.

This is the ghost product...  http://www.fixgear.info/en/c2l-series-graphics-on-half-sleeves-and-sides/9-the-skeleton-blue-fixgear-second-skin-technical-compression-shirt-blue.html . 

Here are the screen grabs of the various views where the ghost item appears...

- Back office order page --> www.fixgear.info/problemacarrito/backOfficeOrder.png (ghost item in red and notice it does not appear in the total cost).

- Invoice --> www.fixgear.info/problemacarrito/factura.png .

- Database view --> www.fixgear.info/problemacarrito/DB.png (all well here, the ghost item does not show).

user_andrei, did you solve this issue and if so, what did you do to avoid the adding of the ghost product?

SO, from now on i will indeed take PascalVG's advise and "(So just leave the old orders where they are...)" but that does not solve the current issue since i cannot go back and put back the orders that i deleted (or can I?) i would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me to avoid the ghost product being added to future orders as it is making a lot more work for me since I need to manually edit all invoices to remove the ghost product. 

Thanks,

jez...

hi again. 

this is getting worse and worse. 

i just got an order and the customer only ordered one shirt but prestashop added not ONE but TWO additional "ghost" items to the order in Back Office and on the invoice. 

here is the screen grab, the 2 circled in red are the unwanted ghost items...

http://www.fixgear.info/problemacarrito/crazyorder.jpg

does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks,

jez...

fixgear,

you would need to clean your database tables manually (one time) to throw away the ghost items.

can you check :

in your database, go to ps_orders, and check if allthe orders yu see there are 'real' orders (i.e. no left overs of orders that should not be there). Probably you only have real orders here. Check the id_order numbers. Are they numbered 1,2,3...? Are there any holes in the numbering?

If so, please write down what numbers are missing. For example, if yo have 1,2,3,4,6,7,9,10

Remember missing numbers: 5,8. And remember highest number.

Then go to ps_order_detail:

- In ps_order_detail, are there rows with an 'id_order' field with one of the missing id_order numbers (5,8 in our example) as value?

- In ps_order_detail, are there rows with an 'id_order' field with a higher than your latest real order(>10 in our example) as value?

Please let me know. Then we can try to clean it up...

pascal

hi i am so stuck and cant believe i found this post, please if you can help me that would be great we started our company today and all has gone wrong and i cant use my website.

i have the same problem i deleted orders the bad way (sorry i did not know, i was doing lots of tests) and i have followed the above steps

ps_order   i have missing 1 2 3 4 5 

and my orders that are there are  6 7 8

in ps_order_detail i have 30 fields and in the  id_order they do not go above 8 the highest in my real orders, but i have lots of 6's 5's 2's etc and no 1's

i am so stuck please can you help

GoPedro,

To start: Backup your database. Just in case...

http://webcheatsheet.com/sql/mysql_backup_restore.php

Then:

Try this first:

If you add a 'fake' order, does it get order number 1? If so, add fake orders until you get to number 5. Then check if a new order get's neatly order number 9. You will probably see the 'ghost' items appear for order number 2, 5 (and already in order 6?? or are they part of the official (correct) order number 6?)

If this works, CANCEL order number 1-5 and 9. DON'T delete them.

If this doesn't go as described above, but you directly get order number 9 when adding an order:

CANCEL order number 9. DON'T delete.

Delete the row's in ps_order_detail that have an order number that doesn't exist in ps_order.

So in your case, you say you have order 6,7,8 (and now 9 after adding the one above).

So all rows that have id_order = 1,2,3,4,5 should be deleted.

How: go to phpMyAdmin, select your database.

Re-check if you DON'T have id_order = 1,2,3,4,5 in ps_orders

Go to ps_order_detail

go to the SQL tab.

run this command:

DELETE FROM `ps_order_detail` WHERE id_order <= 5;    (and press GO)

(Here 5 is the highest order number that you DON'T have in your ps_orders 1,2,3,4,5)

or, if you want to do it id_order by id_order, you can do:

DELETE FROM `ps_order_detail` WHERE id_order =1             and press GO

DELETE FROM `ps_order_detail` WHERE id_order =2             and press GO

etc. until: id_order = 5

What it does: it throws all left over ps_order detail rows away, so no more products ordered in old, thrown away items are there anymore.

Hope this does the trick.

pascal

i have trucated the tables to clear customers orders order detail etc and i turned of guest checkout and that seemed to help bt no when i use the cash on delivery plus to confirm order it says oops something went wrong and cant validate, also as soon as a client account is created and they try to re order it says no carriers deliver to that adress

Edited by gopedro (see edit history)

hi currently this problem id being looked at by a odesk member so far they have found a bug in the database due to the order_order state being messed with and next they will be looking at the no carrier for that address issue.

at the moment whenever a customer goes to register an account it workd but wen they try to re order the address is never valid until they update and save it or add a new address,

also i have shops in multi store and when a customer moves from one shop to another the address is not valid until they resave it.

so i think there is a bug that doesnt allow address to be saved properly, and hopefully when its been found and eliminated, we should be ok.

Hey PascalVG, thanks for the info.

yes, i did the cleaning up and then placed another test order and, HOOOORAAYYYY! The ghost items do not appear :)))

The Invoice is clean of "ghosts" --> http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/invoice.png 

The DataBase looks clean too...

ps orders table : http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/ps_orders.png

ps order details: http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/ps_order_detail.png 

As the first order had one item in it (my first customer) and the second had 2 items (my test order), all seems ok as far as i can tell. Can you confirm?

HOWEVER (there always seems to be a however), there is still some weird extra carrier (ghost carriers) data showing up on both the BO order and the FO account order history. 

Front Office account order history --> http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/order_FO_account.png (WEIRD DATA IN RED).

Back Office order page --> http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/order_BO.png (WEIRD DATA IN RED).

These 2 additional and previous carrier options should certainly not be appearing there. 

On my other order (the customer order there is one extra ghost carrier).

Is it safe to assume that this is due to the repeated "id_order" in the ps_order_carrier section of my DB?

Here is the table --> http://www.fixgear.info/orderproblems/ps_order_carrer.jpg 

I have circled in red the 3 repeated (one original and 2 "ghosts" for order number 9 and the 2 repeated (1 original and 1 ghost) for order number 6.

This is not a life-threatening issue but could prove to be confusing for the customers.

How would i go about cleaning this one up? Should i just delete the rows of the "ghost" carriers in the DB? 

And can I also delete all the other carrier rows on the ones that have id_orders of orders i have already deleted in ps_orders and ps_order_detials? 

THANKS MUCH!

jez...

Hi fixgear(Jez),

The ghost items are cleaned correctly. good job!

Apparently, there are some other left overs in your tables. Please go through all your ps_order_xxx tables and make a screenshot of all tables that has any contents and give a link to them here like you did before. Especially ps_order_carrier and pd_order_payment seems to still have problems, but just go through all of them, to fix it completely.

pascal.

• 2 months later...

Hi, can anyome help me?

My problem is when customer add product on shopping cart randomly instead of 1 product there are 2-3-4-5

products and naturally this disconcert me and customer.

I've unfortunately deleted order in the past and reading this forum I've controlled ps_orders and deleted corresponding entries in ps_order_detail, but no change.

Sorry for my english. tanks

marco, can I have a look in your back office? Then I can have a look at your tables with the SQL manager and see if I see anything strange in them.

If you want this, please add a new Employee (Administration->Employees) and add a new Employee with superadmin rights.

Then please send me:

1) the URL to your back office login page,

2) the login name (you can use my Email address as login name : [email protected] and

3) create a password for me and send it to me 

Send all this info to my Email address (DON'T post it here, for obvious reasons...)

pascal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...