Categories not appearing on menu bar

Hi,

I am editing a website for a Spanish company that uses PrestaShop. I have found PrestaShop really easy to get to grips with, but there is one thing happening that is driving me mad as I can't find what I am doing wrong.

On the website they have a traditional menu bar with the categories showing and a menu on the left hand side that also lists all the categories.

When I first started editing it workied like this:

Add a sub category to a main category and it would appear as 1. a drop down in the main menu and 2. would appear in the side menu.

Now it:

The sub menu only appears in the side menu...

I have checked that all the same boxes are ticked in the new sub categories as the older ones and I just can't see any difference. Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance.

Website is www.tecnitest.com if you want to see what I mean.

Kate

Edited by KateH (see edit history)

Hi Vekia,

Thanks for your quick response. Would I find that in the Front Office modules? I have looked and the ones that are related to the categories are:

Categories block v2.0 by PrestaShop

Am I looking in the right place? It is just so strange that it was allowing the sub categories to show as drop down menus on the menu bar and now it doesn't...

I have a similar problem, I want to set the category in the top menu bar .

Question is simple : how do we do this ?

www.sabaartplay.com

Prestashop is far away to be the most user friendly CMS but this in my own opinion.

This is exactly what I need to know. Hopefully someone will answer this for us.

I'm so frustrated because it was working before, but is not now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly (I just began to work with Prestashop), but if you want to show your Product categories in the top horizontal menu, you just have to go to Moduls > Moduls, search for the Modul "Top horizontal menu", configure, and then just select categories you want to see in the top horizontal menu...

Is it that want you guys wanted to do?

Jan

Edited by jsk85 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Well, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly (I just began to work with Prestashop), but if you want to show your Product categories in the top horizontal menu, you just have to go to Moduls > Moduls, search for the Modul "Top horizontal menu", configure, and then just select categories you want to see in the top horizontal menu...

Jan

Hi,

I have taken a look at the back end and cannot find "Top Horizontal Menu" in the Modules even after searching. I have inherited this website so I did not set it up. It is also a Spanish based company. What would I need to be looking for in a Spanish PrestaShop.

Many thanks,

Kate

• Like 1

Hey Kate,

no, sorry, I have no idea where to find it in a spanish shop system - BUT i guess it must be a different way to change it then, because I'm using the German Prestashop and the modul is also called top horizontal menu. So i would say it must be called the same in the spanish shop system.

Well, hope you can find the problem.

BTW, if you want, I can recommend you a very skilled Prestashop developer on odesk.com ...

Jan

• 1 month later...
Do you mean that you want to show the categories added to the backend and need to show at front end main menu bar?? Which are showing at categories column in left side column???

Hi Sumits,

That is exactly what I mean.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kate

Ok for that plz try this out

1) click on module at backend

2) then select Front Office Features from categories column at right side

3) then click on Top Horizontal menu.(click on configure)

then select the category you want to show at top menu, add that to menu and save.

Edited by sumits (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i have used two menu bar module in my project one for cms pages and other for categories. Topmenu module of leo theme is used for cms pages and it works properly, but Topmenu module of prestashop 1.5 (use fro categories) is not responsive .I need of help to make it responsive or any other responsive module to display category horizontally.

Thanks,

Milind   

Edited by milind (see edit history)

Yes,

I would like to display categories same as top menu bar. If it is possible on same module then we will try to implement otherwise suggest me any other model same as top menu bar means it will automatically collapse on responsive view(Mobile or Tab) .

Thanks,

Milind

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My problem looks same.

and i have little knowledge of prestashop.

My site is earlier built by a programmer now he left for some reason.  so i am building on my own by learning.

I too can't see the drop down menu of sub categories when i Hover on the main categories set in the top horizontal bar. By the way i have installed the theme "AP FOOD" for my site.

My web page is  www.chennaigroceryshop.com please visit and suggest what should i do.

Many thanks

Imtiaz 

• 4 weeks later...

Jan

I know this is 2015 and you wrote this in 2013 but it is still helpful to this date. Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

hello

i am have a  similar problem but in differnet way

in basic prestashop it was not a problem to go to the CMS menu category and Add it  

but now that i update the prestashop template 

i do not know where to get lot of questions about many functions ! 

such as the category is not showing on the shop after that i create the category !

the template is  MOVIC ................

any help  ? 

thank you