[Solved] Automatic discounts are applied although I disable them

Hi there

I post this problem into Spanish section, but because of I have receive no reply and it's a urgent problem to solve, I'll post it here.

I'm having a trouble with a client's website... I've tried looking up forums, documentation, etc... but I cannot found a solution.

Sometimes, when a client places an order and, later, I check it I see: "discount name: ..... value: ..."

It's a new shop, so it only has 3 orders and it has happened two times.

First time, there was an active vocuher code (in order to test the purchase process before release the shop), but, when my client told me the error, I remove the discount and deactivate all discounts. Also, I check there weren't any group with discounts active.

Second order, all was ok, but, today, the 'magic voucher code' appears again and I have no idea what's the reason of the problem.

Looking up my database, I saw that voucher codes were saved into "ps_order_discount". But that table only contains information of two discounts made.

I have read somewhere that point to be a PayPal module problem, so I disable "express_checkout" option just in case.

Looking into a little, I found that in the shopping cart asociated to the order, appears the price that was charged (the price with the applied discount, but wihout mention any discount), because one item was missing (curiously, the price of that item was the value of the discount).

All bought products are in the same category and I have no weird options in configuration.

Also I checked PayPal response codes and I don't see anything wrong.

Finally, I've just realised that the orders where discount was applied were placed with the same carrier, but, checking configuration, I thing it's ok.

What do you recomend I do? I'm quite desperate... my client is losing money and I should fix it as soon as possible.

I apologise if my English isn't good enough :(

Thank you a lot in advance,

Antonio

Next, some configuration details:

Prestashop 1.4.8.2

Paypal 2.8.7

Voucher codes disabled

Only a client group, with discount = 0

Any weird shipping rule (only free shipping after pass a value)

I cannot repeat the error and, if I place the same order, I obtain the correct amount to pay in PayPal).

Edited by ellocoyo (see edit history)

Although I haven't obtain a reply neither here nor Spanish forum, I've found the solution and I want to share it.

Before I released the web, I placed a lot of dummy orders, some of them, with discounts. While deleting database records, I forgot erase some asociated tables (like ps_discounts and ps_messages). As you already can imagine, the order with id_order = 3 was linked to the discount I've put in my 3rd dummy order, so, here we have 'ghost voucher code'.

Furthermore, because of the problem is inside database, I could disable all discounts in back-office and voucher codes would continue appearing... if table's FK matches... there's nothing more to say about this.

To sum up: before launch your shop, be careful erasing all dummy orders in all database tables you can.