jeckyl

[MODULE] Free Livechat - OfferChat

Hi,

this is a new module to integrate quickly the Free Livechat script on your shop from OfferChat.

OfferChat it's a free Livechat service, don't forget to subscribe before donwload our Free Prestashop / OfferChat module

Hi

is this module is compatible with 1.5.4 or 1.5.4.1

i installed and configures the module but nothing is displayed in the site.

also the free chat dashboard shows that the site is not verified yet...

Hi

is this module is compatible with 1.5.4 or 1.5.4.1

i installed and configures the module but nothing is displayed in the site.

also the free chat dashboard shows that the site is not verified yet...

Hi,

i'm just testing it and work perfectly.

I think you made a mystake during configuration or definition of your domain name on offerchat.

Hi,

i'm just testing it and work perfectly.

I think you made a mystake during configuration or definition of your domain name on offerchat.

Sorry my mistake

Is working fine and thanks for sharing a good module....

Hi. Not work on 1.4.10 :( But idea super :)

Hi Evona,

If you need to instal a live chat on your website you may also try this. www.craftysyntax.com

I am trying a lot of live chats. You may check it out on my website above.

Let me know what you think

Tasos

Hey! i update my presta to 1.5.4 but still i dont have a module in shop. i cannot also hook to footer or another place :(

Hey! i update my presta to 1.5.4 but still i dont have a module in shop. i cannot also hook to footer or another place :(

Hi,

Install the module of offerchat and the hook will be placed automatically.

Nice module, but why my live chat is also always minimized? If I click to open it minimized... Chek - www.sportassveikata.lt , what I did wrong??

Hello,

I will insert the code script but in wich file i have to do that

greetings Richard

Hi Richard

You may put it in the footer.tpl.

regards

Tasos

Nice module, but why my live chat is also always minimized? If I click to open it minimized... Chek - www.sportassveikata.lt , what I did wrong??

Hi,

This is the way it should be...minimised. In this way it does not interfere with the rest of the page.

Regards

tasos

First of all I must say THANKS. OfferChat looks and feels smooths. Your module works great on 1.5.4.1!

I wanted to ask, if a user is logged in to their account in the prestashop store (my store) and then intiate the chat, is it possible to show their email aaddress in the OfferChat webclient chat instead of visitor-1234567?

Also, is it even possible to have this module in multilanguage?

Thanks

Edited by kingsinnersoul

Hi, I think i have done everything to install it and it really showed twice, but when I refresh the page it disappears. I think I haven't pasted the code into this html file, because I don't know of which file exactly you are talking about. Thanks!

I guess it is not compatible with prestashop 1.4.10 ? I cannot see it in modules page at all. First module i cant get to work so i guess its for 1.5+ only? :(

It looks so great!

Just installed it on our shop. The mod works great sofar. Wennie from offerchat was very helpfull.... Installation took only 10 minutes. Figuring it out was a piece of cake.

Only thing i noticed.... after a short while the message in the bottom turns to offline... while we are constantly online....

This is a disadvantage, since i think, when you offer livechat, it should only be visible when your really there for your customers. If your not available, why show to your customers that you are not available. Customers (like me) will think... they offer live chat, but are not available. When i visit a webshop that offers live chat, but not avaiable and leave message, i will not buy there.

What is the use of showing that you have live chat, when your not actually are online??

Hi guys.

If you OfferChat is not working on PS 1.5.4.1 is due to some API changes OfferChat done recently. 
It shouldn't be Prestashop related issue.

I suggest to original developer to check his code and update the module.

While we wait you can just add OfferChat script manually into your thems header.tpl file.

And to add, it would be perfect to integrate dashboard for agents into a Prestashop back office if that is possible. Instead of using some desktop application or offerchat dashboard we would be able to assist visitors from the Prestashop back office, so everything in once place.

Regards

Edited by Dolke

I know what the issue is. 

Module I just gave you is using old OfferChat API. OfferChat updated their API around 2 weeks ago but module is not yet updated.

You will need to pass around module and insert code snippet into a header.tpl of your theme.

Once you do this your chat should become visible. 

Also if you prefer using some desktop application for your agents you can integrate OfferChat to a free app called Pidgin.

Here is the tutorial:http://support.offerchat.com/im-integrations/integrating-offerchat-live-chat-with-pidgin/

Btw, if you are stuck at any point, you can just contact their live support on their website. They are really eager to help.

Cheers

I know what the issue is. 

Module I just gave you is using old OfferChat API. OfferChat updated their API around 2 weeks ago but module is not yet updated.

You will need to pass around module and insert code snippet into a header.tpl of your theme.

Once you do this your chat should become visible. 

Also if you prefer using some desktop application for your agents you can integrate OfferChat to a free app called Pidgin.

Here is the tutorial:http://support.offerchat.com/im-integrations/integrating-offerchat-live-chat-with-pidgin/

Btw, if you are stuck at any point, you can just contact their live support on their website. They are really eager to help.

Cheers

What do you mean by pass around module ?

i shouldn't install the module ?

because i have the same issue

the chat box don't appear at all

i have put the snippet at header.tpl before the </head>

but it still don't  work

Please help me

thank you for your help

NB :  I am using Ps 1.4.3

Edited by Bapuks

Yes, that's correct. You don't need to install module. Just copy/paste code snippet inside </body> tag and you should be fine.

Well if you are using 1.4 PS then you might need to use older version but for that you will have to address to offerchat support.

Just go on their website and you have live support there so you can address them.

Regards

Edited by Dolke