[SOLVED]Some images disappeared after regenerate thumbnails

Hello,

Two days ago I made regenerate thumbnails and all my images disappeared. Following all the instructions from the forums I was able to come back some pictures- on the home page and in the product page. BUT ALL PICTURES IN THE GRID VIEW OF EACH CATEGORY ARE MISSING AND ALSO THE SMALL CAROUSELING PICTURES UNDER THE MAIN IMAGE OF THE PRODUCT PAGE ARE ALSO MISSING.

Please help me, because my site is down two days already.

Thank you!

Edited by babyboombg.com (see edit history)

You have to go through the regeneration one image type at a time. Meaning select the image type from the drop down box, uncheck the box then regenerate. Then move to the next type in the drop down. Its a lengthy process but thats what works when images go missing after a rengen.

You have to go through the regeneration one image type at a time. Meaning select the image type from the drop down box, uncheck the box then regenerate. Then move to the next type in the drop down. Its a lengthy process but thats what works when images go missing after a rengen.

Hello,

I tried this already a few times for each image- for category- all types of images, for product- all types of images, for manufacturer- all types of images and so on but it didn`t help.

Why did you regenerated? did you upgraded prestashop? changed image sizes?

Do you see the images in Back office -> products? is it only for products what about categories/manufactures/suppliers?

What version of prestashop?

when I upgraded to prestashop 1.5.4 I had no images only in the drop down mega menu of categories, so I read somewhere that I should regenerate and it will work, so followed the steps, then all my pictures disappeared from the whole site. After a few attempts of my host providers they were able to come back most of the pictures- but now I don`t have pictures in the categories list and in the product page i have some related products to the main product and these small related products pics are missing.

I see all my images in BO. I see category images on each category page, I don`t see images for manufacturer, and the drop down mega menu images disappeared. Still for some products I see pictures in the categories...I tried a few things and nothing helped.

Ok, its seems like the template you are using is configured with old prestashop image preferences.

you can either hard code tpl files or simpler solution is to create additional image prefernces.

In back office go to Preferences -> Images, you will see the list of image names (small_default, medium_default..... etc....)

each value has its unique name, size & relation (product, category, manufacturers......).

you need to create for each one a similar (almost duplicate) but with a name without the '_default'.

Example:

now you have: small_default with size: 40px X 40px, relation to: products, manufacturers,suppliers (just for example)

you will add addition: small with size: 40px X 40px, relation to: products, manufacturers,suppliers

The new one you are adding will be identical beside the name (without the _default)

You need to do it for every one that has _default.

When done you need to regenerate images again, clear browser cache and check.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my product images. The category images are generating fine. I can't figure out how to fix this and have lost days over this. I have done everything mentioned above. I have noticed that the product thumbnails generate fine for the first few products, but then stop showing up. This seemed to happen from one day to the next without any changes to the store. Running Prestashop 1.5.2.0 Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you see all the products image in back office ok?

Try to clear your smarty cache,

Try to put 'Use the legacy image filesystem' on yes and when you regenerate make sure you choose all and erase previous images.

If its still not working try to turn off friendly url's (SEO & URLS) so you can see if the problem comes from bad redirect.

Yes, I do see all product images in the back office. I have tried clearing the cache and all of the other things you've mentioned but nothing has worked. I think I'm just going to import all of my products again and hope that this works. I've spent way too much time on this already.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, its seems like the template you are using is configured with old prestashop image preferences.

you can either hard code tpl files or simpler solution is to create additional image prefernces.

In back office go to Preferences -> Images, you will see the list of image names (small_default, medium_default..... etc....)

each value has its unique name, size & relation (product, category, manufacturers......).

you need to create for each one a similar (almost duplicate) but with a name without the '_default'.

Example:

now you have: small_default with size: 40px X 40px, relation to: products, manufacturers,suppliers (just for example)

you will add addition: small with size: 40px X 40px, relation to: products, manufacturers,suppliers

The new one you are adding will be identical beside the name (without the _default)

You need to do it for every one that has _default.

When done you need to regenerate images again, clear browser cache and check.

Hi Yaniv14,

I just upgraded from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4. I am using the warehouse responsive theme 1.6.1 from themeforest.net. After upgrading i initially was only missing the category images. I tried your suggestion above of duplicating each image preference menu without the default and then regenerating thumbnails but It still shows no images on category pages or search pages. I can easily roll back to 1.5.3.1 but there is a bug in that version that will only solve my problem upgrading to 1.5.4. any help is appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

Good day

Please help..

I am just starting out with Presta and struggling a bit.

I created my site, uploaded products and tried loading pictures.

These pictures just show a huge ? when you open the site.

Even in the BO it just shows ? when you preview the item.

I tried the previous post but no luck.

Please help, using 1.5.4.1

Thanx in advance

post-611017-0-46131700-1372203252_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Hi

Who ever marked this problem as [sOLVED] went a bit ahead of the actual situation. Please re-open.

I up graded this morning from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5. The Up Grade -process by using "1-Click" was successful, but it caused a real image mess. All images were gone.

To solve the problem,

1. I csv uploaded my products leaving all other fields empty, but forcing the original ID and gave in the picture links again. To my big surprise actually, this did only work partially, leaving some third of the products randomly without a picture.

2. I tried to use the individual product/images upload page and noticed that actually the link to the old picture was there, it just didn't "read".

3. After successful re-loading the same product picture the old picture link refused deleting. It just stayed jamming the site. A lot's of trouble causing my blood pressure go high.

Finally I re-installed the old version, which I will gladly keep until this problem will really be solved. I can offer my help, but leave me out of writing any code.

Br,

Esteri

Edited by Esteri (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if someone could help. I upgraded my shop yesterday from PS 1.5 to 1.6. On my test site all my images looked good but when I updated live site all my images are showing up small. I also noticed some image size preferences were still on PS 1.5 and did not change for 1.6 and so I changed those to be as they should. Do I now need to move images and also regenerate in order for images to display right size now?

• 10 months later...

Hi, 

I would change the size of images of featured products but I'm afraid that all the images disappear if I regenerate thumbnails.

I do this but it isn't works:

I created a new category of image PREFERENCES - > IMAGES and I modified files 

- homefeatured.tpl               {$link->getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'NEW_NAME:IMAGE')|escape:'html'}

- homefeatured.php             homeSize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('NEW_NAME_IMAGE')

It doesn't work, how I can modify size of images?

but I'm afraid that all the images disappear

but I'm afraid that all the ima

I would change the size of images of featured products

When you say it doesn't work, do you see your changes in the tpl file?

Do you see the previous setup image format or do you see blank image?

If you see a blank image then I guess that you did everything correct and only missing the regenerate process.

Prestashop keep the original image and use the regenerated format for display, when you regenerate was actually happens is that all images format are erased and recreated from the original file.

You should be fine with the process.

You can also choose not to erase previous formatted images in the BO because in your case you didn't change anything, you only added another image format.

In any case if you are not comfortable with running the process you can make a backup before.

BTW: you should always start a new topic when you have a question especially when you are posting on a topic that is marked as solved.

Thanks for you reply!

When i say it doesn't work i speak about size, they are not changed.

I started a new topic but anyone reply to me, so I thought I'd write a post already commented.

Now I uploaded the file with previous size.

however I modified the file with the following path:   

/public/www/shop/modules/homefeatured/views/templates/hook   FOR TPL FILE

/public/www/shop/modules/homefeatured     FOR PHP FILE

I loaded the file with previous sizehowever I modified the file with the following path/public/www/shop/modules/homefeatured

I loaded the file with previous size

Prestashop give priority to files located inside the theme folder first.

Which mean:

/public/www/shop/modules/homefeatured/views/templates/hook/filename.tpl - will load if not exists inside

/public/www/shop/themes/your_theme_name/modules/homefeatured/views/templates/hook/filename.tpl

so you should modify the one at the bottom if exists

For PHP files its ok where you modified, php files should be only on root folder of modules.

Edited by yaniv14 (see edit history)

Modules template files (tpl), css files & js files automatically overriding from themes folder the ones in the root folder.

Modules PHP files need to be override from /override/modules folder.

So if you need to update CSS,JS,TPL of a module you should start by looking for the file inside the themes/your_theme_name/modules/module_name.

Only if it doesnt exists in that path you can edit the ones inside root folder /modules/module_name.

ok, tomorrow i see for this..thanks for your explanation..

tomorrow i tell you if it will succesful

Thanks a lot

Tomorrow I'll tell you if we are successful
Tomorrow I'll tell you if we are successful

I see in my theme files but in homefeatured.tpl there is only this;

{*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}
{if isset($products) && $products}
{include file="$tpl_dir./product-list.tpl" class='homefeatured tab-pane' id='homefeatured'}
{else}

{/if}

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

On my category page I had some bugs with products (sometimes 3 products or 4 products by line, but normally it's 4 products by line). 
So I decided to regenerate my thumbnails. 

When I did it I receive this error message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And now some products doesn't have no more Images ...

I regenerate files by files but each time I have this Error message.

I don't know what I can to do but it's really bad for me !
If someone has a solution it will be really appreciate and helpfull.
Here my problem for example: http://www.alilamu.com/shop/24-big-clutches

In my backoffice, All the images are on the page "products" but when I go in the product Image are not inside.

Thnaks for your help

I don't see any missing images.

Clear your browser cache (ctrl + f5).

The reason that you have 3 or 4 items per line its because your product name is not equal on all products (length wise).

If you remove the CCC for css I will be able to tell you where to fix it (in which file).

Basically what you need to modify this:

.item .bottomItem .h5product-name {
    margin: 15px 0 10px 0;
}

into this:

.item .bottomItem .h5product-name {
    margin: 15px 0 10px 0;
    min-height: 46px;
}