Paypal scammers

chahidkhan

Hi

Im using PS 1.5.4 , buying virtual products , but i got scammed many times when someone purchase my products using paypal after few days he reverse his payment !!!!! I tried to use moneybookers but i don't find secret word and i don't see marchand tool anymore . so can you help me to get paid using paypal as gift or how to find secret word in moneybookers or another way to stop scammers please .

Thanks

Edited by chahidkhan (see edit history)

What I have done in the past is to prevent the download of the product by making the default order status = "pending verification" when the payment is made via Paypal. You do a few things before making the download available to the customer

1) Review the Paypal transaction, and ensure you are seller protected.

2) Review the Paypal Buyer and ensure they are verified, and that their address is confirmed

3) Email the customer confirming that they did make the purchase

If the customer paid using their paypal account, then you will usually be protected by Paypals seller protection.

However if the customer did not use their Paypal account, and instead paid using a credit card without logging into their Paypal account, then the customer can create a charge back, and Paypal will be forced to adhere to the credit card companies decision. The best you can do is provide all the proof that the customer did in fact receive the product.

Unfortunately I do not believe I can help you with moneybookers.

The other thing you might consider is to start mailing "something" to the customer. If you offer virtual products, burn it to a CD and mail it to them. Use delivery tracking and this way you can prove that something was delivered. It would make it more difficult for a$$hole customers to charge back.

• Like 2

I don't understand , who can cover me ! i send codes via customer service in my prestashop it mean i email customers about the codes but who can cover me ? you mean paypal ? how ? paypal need shippement proof ? can u explain more please ,

Thank you bro

paypal seller protection is based on receipt of a physical good. you sell digital goods (codes via email). so i am simply suggesting that you also provide a copy of the codes via snail mail. literally print the code on a piece of paper, and mail it to the customers confirmed paypal address.

In this case, if the customer charges back, you would be seller protected by Paypal. You can prove that you delivered a product using a delivery tracking number. You only need to proof that the item was shipped and delivered.

Read up on the Paypal seller protection for more details.

paypal seller protection is based on receipt of a physical good. you sell digital goods (codes via email). so i am simply suggesting that you also provide a copy of the codes via snail mail. literally print the code on a piece of paper, and mail it to the customers confirmed paypal address.

In this case, if the customer charges back, you would be seller protected by Paypal. You can prove that you delivered a product using a delivery tracking number. You only need to proof that the item was shipped and delivered.

Read up on the Paypal seller protection for more details.

I can't do this because i sell too much codes per day i can't send papers to all customers , any way thanks , I think moneybookers is the only solution at this moment

Thank u

Perhaps you should read their terms of services. A merchant has to provide for charge backs if they want to accept credit cards. I think you should consult with a sales rep with MoneyBookers and understand

1) Will they allow charge backs from customers, and under what situations

2) Are you accountable or will MoneyBookers absorb a) the $20 charge back fee, B) release the funds from your account.

https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=terms

7.1. When receiving a payment through the Service, the amount received is credited to the Stored Value Balance of the Customer’s Moneybookers Account until Customer further instructs Moneybookers with respect to the transmission of such funds. Moneybookers reserves the right to place a hold on funds credited to the receiving Customer’s Stored Value Balance and to limit the subsequent sending or withdrawal of such funds for a period of time in order to protect Moneybookers from potential fraud, loss or chargeback/reversal risk

7.3. When a receiving Customer receives a payment through the Service, the receiving Customer shall be liable to the Company for any subsequent reversal of the transaction. Examples of such a reversal include, but are not limited to, a credit card reversal by the sender of the payment and a reversal of the transaction because the sender of the payment was using a stolen credit card or unauthorized bank account. Moneybookers may reverse a previously credited payment transaction at any time and without prior notice to the recipient Customer, (i) if Moneybookers receives a chargeback or reversal of the funding transaction associated with the payment transmission, (ii) if Moneybookers has reason to believe that the funding transaction was fraudulent or unauthorized, even if Moneybookers had not received an associated chargeback, or (iii) in order to protect Moneybookers or the sending Customer from a loss associated with the payment transaction.

8.5. All withdrawal fees are set forth in a separate <a href="https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees">Fee Schedule published on Moneybookers' web site, which is subject to change at Moneybookers' sole discretion following the procedure set forth in paragraph 1.2. The Company reserves the right to charge a correction fee if wrong or incorrect payment details were provided or if a withdrawal failed or was impeded due to any other reason not caused by Moneybookers (e.g. returned or cancelled check, payment returned by recipient's bank).

You may want to consider Propay if you haven't registered for a Skrill (Moneybookers) account already. Skrill (Moneybookers) gives you, your secret word once you're approved to utilize their payment processing on your eCommerce site. You should capture the buyer's IP address as another alternative security method for buyer verification when they're purchasing the mobile unlock codes from your website to prevent credit card chargeback fraud. Also I believe if you have Paypal Pro business account you can restrict the buyer to paying with either only their Paypal account and/or bank transfer using their Paypal account --you should contact Paypal's Customer Service for verification and what you'd need to do to implement such payment security measures on your website.