Paypal Currency Conversion Issue

ehssan240

My shop (www.lightshine.ae) default currency is AED since I am in Dubai, UAE. When trying to checkout with Paypal, it does not convert currencies automatically before going to paypal and I get below message:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-25T15:05:42Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Currency is not supported

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have already set conversion rates.

Any suggestion?

Hey

I use KShs because am based in Kenya. From how I understand it it should work ! However my default currency is a paypal currency i.e US dollars .The paypal module checks for the currency you are using if it is a paypal currency and converts it to a paypal currency before submitting. I use version 2.8 of paypal module

Hey

I use KShs because am based in Kenya. From how I understand it it should work ! However my default currency is a paypal currency i.e US dollars .The paypal module checks for the currency you are using if it is a paypal currency and converts it to a paypal currency before submitting. I use version 2.8 of paypal module

Can you give me your store URL, I wanna have a look at how yours works.

My store url is mamamikes.co.ke. You can set the default currency to a non paypal one like Kshs because what I have done also is to use geolocation to set the default currency to usd for visitors accessing the site from outside Kenya. You will notice that when you shop in Kshs and proceed to pay with paypal the carts currency is set to usd before you are led to paypal site to complete payment. I am using prestashop version 1.4.7.0 and paypal 2.8 but I think later versions should not be lacking in this feature unless you are using earlier versions than this.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Doulas,

Would you be so kind and instruct me how to configure the currency modification from my currency to USD ?

I am using Prestashop 1.5.4 and the latest PayPal module, but I fail to figure it out on my own.

Thank you in advance!

Please provide me with the url to your store I check it out from a user perspective and experience the error message. I also happen to have Dirham as the default currency for clients in UAE and it works fine with Paypal after converting the currency to USD before redirection to paypal site.

Please provide me with the url to your store I check it out from a user perspective and experience the error message. I also happen to have Dirham as the default currency for clients in UAE and it works fine with Paypal after converting the currency to USD before redirection to paypal site.

The site is www.comicshop.ro

The module is deactivated now, but the error message received is

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report: PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-05-01T12:26:41Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Thank you!

Dear Doulas Akula and eTiendas.co,

I was not aware of the limitations imposed by the new versions. From my searches I understood that Prestashop can make a currency conversion prior to sending the data to the PayPal module for processing.

If this is not true, and the PayPal module handles conversions too (not anymore from what you are saying), then I won't use it, unfortunately.

For the sake of discussion, is it possible to install an old version of the PayPal module to a 1.5.4 PS installation?

Thank you both for your help.

• 1 month later...

i think i have found a solution to this.. Let me explain with my case.. I use prestashop 1.54.1 and latest Paypal 3.5.1

My shop default currency is QAR (Qatari Riyal) which is not supported by Paypal.. I set USD as Paypal restricted currency in Modules>payment.

Then search file:

/modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php

around 102 lines

$this->currency = new Currency((int)$this->context->cart->id_currency);

And change

$this->currency = new Currency((int)$this->context->cart->id_currency=1);

1 is my id for dollar in localization>currencies

So when my customer shops in QAR and checks out using paypal, the paypal automatically converts it to USD

Hope this helps..

• Like 3

i think i have found a solution to this.. Let me explain with my case.. I use prestashop 1.54.1 and latest Paypal 3.5.1

My shop default currency is QAR (Qatari Riyal) which is not supported by Paypal.. I set USD as Paypal restricted currency in Modules>payment.

Then search file:

around 102 lines

And change

So when my customer shops in QAR and checks out using paypal, the paypal automatically converts it to USD

Hope this helps..

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thank you for this thread, it is very useful.

I am a newbie and started to set up my first PS shop.

Prestashop version: 1.5.3.1

PayPal version: 3.5.1

Finally, I hope, you helped me to find the right track to solve my issue.

My site is Romanian which is a not supported country by PayPal

I got an error message which is not as same as yours but similar.

Please try to contact the merchant:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-06-07T04:47:18Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10605

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have to questions:

1. Do you have any advice which configuration should be changed to get a successful Paypal purchase out from Romania?

2. What if a Romanian customer want to purchase? Can they pay in Ron or Paypal expect to convert a Ron transaction to a supported currency before it goes into Paypal and than convert back to Ron to put my account?

Thank you in advance.

Configuration:

Localization:

Default Language: Romanian

Default Country: Romania

Default currency: Leu = RON (642)

Languages: English, Romanian

Zones: Europe, North America

Countries: Romania, United States

Tax Rules: Hawaii, Romania

I wanted to make a test purchasing from U.S. using Paypal check-out and express check-out also

Shipping - seems ok to me:

Pick up in Store > free, and enabled zones U.S and Europe

Payment Restrictions > Modules - Payment

Currency: both USD and RON can be used by PayPal, and Customer currency is enabled in the radiobox

Countries: only U.S and Romania are active, both can use PayPal

Customers: Visitors, Guest and Customers can buy with PayPal

My Paypal account considering a Romanian account: its address and bank account are Romanian.

This Paypal account has been running perfectly for years, and it has been upgraded to a business account due to the shop.

So, My Country is set to Romania in the PayPal module configuration.

Then search file:

around 102 lines

And change

Hope this helps..

I can confirm it is also working on PS 1.5.4.0 w/ PayPal 3.5.1.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give me your store URL, I wanna have a look at how yours works.

Hi can you please give me the link of the installer of paypal 2.8. Im also having this kind of problem. please help me through this.. :( Im fixing this for almost 10days..

• 1 month later...

Then search file:

around 102 lines

And change

Hope this helps..

Thank you! God Bless you

• 1 year later...

try this in classes\controller\FrontController.php

// put the code in inside init() function at begining.
if(isset($this->context->cookie->id_currency__personal) && $this->context->cookie->id_currency__personal>0){
            $this->context->cookie->id_currency = $this->context->cookie->id_currency__personal;
            $this->context->cookie->id_currency__personal = NULL;
        }

if(preg_match('/paypalusa/i',$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])){

$this->context->cookie->id_currency__personal = $this->context->cookie->id_currency;
            $this->context->cookie->id_currency = 1;
        }

If you are using any unsupported currency on the website, Whenever user will go to PayPal currency will be automatically converted into dollars.

Enjoy :) :) 

• 5 months later...

Dont work at al :(

/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php?token=EC-34A41070BU3302218&PayerID=6F8DNTEDCZWZE

And error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Can't load Order state status' in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.co.uk/public_html/classes/PaymentModule.php:145 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxx/domains/xxx.co.uk/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal.php(1366): PaymentModuleCore->validateOrder(701, 0, 1, 'PayPal', NULL, Array, 2, false, '6156b10139ba8a5...', Object(Shop)) #1 /home/xxx/domains/xxx.co.uk/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(290): PayPal->validateOrder(701, NULL, 1, 'PayPal', NULL, Array, 2, false, '6156b10139ba8a5...', Object(Shop)) #2 /home/xxx/domains/xxx.co.uk/public_html/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php(306): validateOrder(Object(Customer), Object(Cart), Object(PaypalExpressCheckout)) #3 {main} thrown in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.co.uk/public_html/classes/PaymentModule.php on line 145

Edited by requ (see edit history)