[solved] How to change positions of the buttons in a homepage?

Hi again!

This time I would like to ask some questions, how to change a visual look of the homepage. After installing a new theme, some blocks are out of the position and I need either to move them or crop.

My website: www.cgames.lt I need to move "Search" button a bit down, and push a "cart block" to the right.

Also a "currency block" is not closing, and "user info block" is out of position too.

Are there any ways to repair these bugs?

Search button down:

themes/theme409/css/global.css, line 295:

input.exclusive, input.exclusive_disabled, a.exclusive, span.exclusive {background-position:;position: relative;top: 5px;}

Cart to the right:

themes/theme409/css/global.css, line 521:

#header #shopping_cart { width:185px; padding-left: 48px; padding-top:14px; height:29px; position: absolute; top:157px; right: 0;background:url(../img/bg-cart.gif) 0px 0px no-repeat; left: 20px;}

User info block (is that the block with Delevery, Legal notice etc?)

In you module of Block CMS

There s a div : informations_block_left_1. In there is a <UL class"block_content">

Change into:

<UL class="block_content" style="padding-left:10px; line-height:2em;" >

Hope this helps a little,

Pascal

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)
  • Like 1

PascalVG, thank you very much!! Search button and Cart block problems are fixed.

About other problems.. User info block is just under flags, ( Welcome (log in) | Your account ).

http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/39885.html here is an example how it should look.

One more problem appeared. I have created some subcategories, but they does not jump out when moving a mouse onto category. Yesterday it worked well, but now just stopped doing that.

• Like 1

Hmm, it seems that all dynamic popup, menu scroll outs etc. are messed up. Probably the cause of the currency block sticking out all the time as well. You should focus on that first, before you make other changes (things may reorder when the dynamism is back again.)

What did you change today? What did you change just before you noticed that it didn't work anymore? check what files are changed today and recall what you changed exactly. Are there any changed that might be related to this?

I also see the (change) language flags at the very top. This module doesn't seem to be integrated in he theme very well. Maybe that is the cause of many layout shifts as well? Can you temporarily disable this module and see if your them is more like the demo picture of templatemonster again??

My 2 cents,

Pascal

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

Did you make any changes in the shop that may have caused this to stop working? Changes in (calls to) javascripts, settings of PS etc?

The only thing I've done was changing order of modules in "Header of pages", but after that, moved all of them back to the order which was before

Just re-installed this theme and currency problem, along with user info have repaired automatically. I've also deleted language I installed today.

Can you tell, please, where to check a changes list? I remember it, but can't find anywhere