Hi Milos, thanks for helping out these users. I believe the product comments module that shipped with 15.6.2 was 2.3. Does the module tell you to update to new versions?

yeah, on 1.5.6.2 here  and I got prompted to upgrade to PC3.3.5, as omino and Milos suggested it was our old theme's where the problem layed with the PC update. After the above fix to my theme its working fine now.

Edited by flamedtofu (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

could you help me? I use PS 1.5.4.1 and I have upgraded Product Comments to 3.3.5 version. My index page is normal but when I try to show a product page blank page is shown and error:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProductController::getProduct() in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\modules\productcomments\productcomments.php on line 776"

This is the line 776:

$product = $this->context->controller->getProduct();

Do you know whats the problem? Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

so i suppose that now everything works fine? :)

http://s494577113.mialojamiento.es/tienda1/themes/theme818/js/modules/productcomments/js/productcomments.js

data: $('#fancybox-content form').serialize(),

change to

data: $('#id_new_comment_form').serialize(),

Hi Vekia:

I am working with PrestaShop 1.5.6.1 and Product Comments module vers. 2.9.1.

This module performed erratically, in spite of my many attempts to fix it by following this subject threads. It kept displaying the following message:

Title is incorrect

Comment is incorrect

Customer name is incorrect

Product not found

I have decided to install Yotpo Social Reviews & Testimonial vers. 1.4.2 to replace the default module

After having done that I lost any access to Product Review dialog box.

So, decided to uninstall Yotpo and then Enabled the Product Comments module back.

This time I cannot open Product Comments dialog box at all.

Clicking on "Be the first to write your review !" link  there is no reaction

The link directory is like that:

index.php?id_product=120&controller=product&id_lang=1#new_comment_new

I would be glad to fix my problem with the original Product Comments module vers. 2.9.1.

Here are codes of files related to this module:

.js file in moduls > product comments > js > productcomments.js :

line 61 - 64

$.ajax({

url: productcomments_controller_url + url_options + 'action=add_comment&secure_key=' + secure_key + '&rand=' + new Date().getTime(),

data: $('#new_comment_form').serialize(),

file productcomments.tpl

lines 97 -100

<!-- Fancybox -->

<div style="display: none;">

<div id="new_comment_form">

<form id="id_new_comment_form" action="#">

and:

js file in themes > theme111 > js > modules > productcomments > js > productcomments.js :

$.ajax({

url: productcomments_controller_url + url_options + 'action=add_comment&secure_key=' + secure_key + '&rand=' + new Date().getTime(),

data: $('#id_new_comment_form').serialize(),

I appreciate your suggestion how to make the Product Comments module vers. 2.9.1. working

• 2 months later...

Hi,

For a shop built with Prestashop 1.5.6.2, I would like to use the Products Comment module v 2.9.1.

On the product page , I can see the Comment tab.
But after having fulfilled the various fields, when I click on the "Send" button nothing happened.

With Firebug console, I can see the following error :
ReferenceError: productcomments_url_rewrite is not defined
  ...(function(e){e.preventDefault();url_options='?';if(!productcomments_url_rewrite.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion to solve the matter.

Is there any shop where I could see the module working properly ?

Patrick

• 1 month later...

This fixed my issue (custom theme, 1.5.6.2) interestingly only broke once I updated to product comments 3.3.5, but ultimately was a theme error.

Hi flamedtofu,

I used your snippet. I have no errors being displayed when I enter the comment. But I'm just wondering where is the comment displayed exactly! If anyone can clarify this for me, it would be great! 

Thanks in advance.

Reards,

Prerana

• 4 months later...

I'm lost among all the modifications ... may be somebody can help. I'm using PS 1.5.4.1, and productcomments 3.3.9 and I just discovered that only one comment from a customer is possible. How can I sort it out ? Tried to find a new version, or to understand all the inputs on this in different thread, but I'm lost.

Thanks !

• 4 months later...

Hi anyone who can help me with this... 

In context to this product comments issue.... 

PS version 1.6.0.14

I have my module version  3.4.1 

productcomments.Js i have changed the 

$('#new_comment_form form').serialize(),

my  productcomments.tpl 

<form id="id_new_comment_form form" action="#" >

So when I hit on send button I can see my message passed o nthe url but rather I don't receive in the backend.

Can anyone help me with this

I have atttached my page with the error in console 

post-1007319-0-02869100-1436451967_thumb.png

Edited by Sophia(sofi) (see edit history)

Hi Bro,

I'm using prestashop 1.6 and getting the notic below.. can you please help me to fix this..then it'll really help ..

Notice: Undefined index: product in/public_html/modules/productcomments/productcomments.php on line 760

Notice: Undefined index: product in/public_html/modules/productcomments/productcomments.php on line 766

Thanks!

Edited by CoolDesigner (see edit history)

Hello everyone, since update to version 1.6.0.14 prestashop we are trying to remove the comments in the backend module and can not, either disable it, in both cases we get this message

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /xxxxxxxxxx/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to a member function isLogged () on a non-object in /xxxxxxxx/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 351

The content of these two lines is

LInea 185 - if (isset ($ _ GET ['logout']) || ($ this-> context-> customer-> Customer :: isBanned logged && ($ this-> context-> customer-> id)))

Line 351 - 'is_logged' => (bool) $ this-> context-> customer-> isLogged ()

We could lend a hand in the solution? Thanks in advance.

Regards

www.owonet.com.ar

• 1 year later...

Hi plz help me...

I m using Prestashop 1.6.10 & Product Comments 3.6.

But today after i update the Product Comments module from Module & Service page on Prestashop, then "Write a Review" & "Review Tab" not showing on any product page.

So plz help me to resolve that issue, so that "Write a Review" & "Review Tab" can be show again on any product page.