Installation stops at step 4

Dear Prestashop's Team

I tried to install PrestaShop R.1 on PHP, Linux environment. Unfortunately, installation stops at step 4, and I can't finalize it. I clicked "Next" button but nothing happened.

Could you help me to solve this case.

Thanks

969_zAV9oKlpwbF4ORdvElom_t

I had exactly the same problem, so I can't tell if the installation is complete.

BUT - the shop is completely installed and apparently functional. The problem is that I can't log in to the admin page - it doesnt recognise username password, nor will generate a new password.

Did the complete installation twice - same result.

[mac osx 10.4.11, MAMP, PHP 5 other installations here work OK eg WordPress].

please advise

chrish

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all, please do a try with our free hosting plan ( no domain name required, you can use our sub-dom ) with instant activation: http://forums.prestahub.in/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=784e121cbe14325c64eaac96844d577f

Please advice if this occur again with our free hosting, otherwise, I don't really understand if this is a issue with your actual host or with the script itself...

Regards.

I checked all the files that need permission to write chmod 777. Some had chmod 666 and prestashop not work correctly. Check / config , /upload, /download, /tools/smarty/compile, /img, /mails, /modules, /themes/prestashop/lang, /translations, and be sure you have chmod 777. I am so resolved the problem. And something very important: when installing prestashop not use Firefox for stops in step 4.