Admin menu translate

Hi Idon, what happens when you try and import this language pack?

Nothing at all. I mean front shop is translated good the same as the Back office but the admin menu is mixed with like English, Slovakia and Slovenian

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

What prestashop version you use? Im asking because In newest 1.5.4.1 translation / language import tools work well

I only updated the 1.5.4.0 version what should repair the admin menu translation bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Idon,

I am new to Prestashop and had the same problem. Unfortunatelly slovak translation for the latest version (1.5.4.1) is incomplete. Menu items can be translated in Administration > Menus (there is plus icon in the action column for every main category to show its subcategories). However this can be very tedious process, you have to translate it one by one. It is probably much faster to edit it directly in database (table ps_tab_lang). If someone knows better way to translate menu items or I missed something, please tell.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

yes, i did several times, 

only this works: Menu items can be translated in Administration > Menus (there is plus icon in the action column for every main category to show its subcategories). However this can be very tedious process, you have to translate it one by one. It is proba

yes, i did several times, 

only this works: Menu items can be translated in Administration > Menus (there is plus icon in the action column for every main category to show its subcategories). However this can be very tedious process, you have to translate it one by one. It is proba

Which localization pack are you using? I can test it and see what happens. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm often reading this forum with very specific questions already asked, but guys.......... could you maybe just sometimes answer these questions?

Eg. where does one translate the admin menu actually?

I have specific language pack downloaded for Polish already, but admin menu translation is misleading and done by someone not having to work on PrestaShop on a daily basis.

Having that question answered, I could translate it right away, no need to risk my other corrected translations get wiped or corrupted by not-as-good-as-described-downloader, as happened multiple times before when our interns tried to cut corners.

Instead I get to the dev support forum, where the only answer through 2 pages of topic is 'have you downloaded the language pack?'. Well guess what, that does not answer the question, nor help those who google the specific question, therefore happening to be as misleading as the translations themselves.

Turns out I will have to dive into PS core code for couple of hours once again, so that I could correct translations within 3 minutes or so. And as I would have shared these with the pleasure with the community, being behind the schedule I just won't have time to....

Edited by jakubstaszak (see edit history)