PERMISSIONS PROBLEM

From what I know folder's should be set to 755 (recursively) and files set to 644.

The only problem with this is that prestashop says that these permissions (755) is incorrect as a write permission in the BO > Configuration page at the bottom.

If I change the folders to 777 the configuration page displays no errors. We can't use 777 as this creates vulnerabilities.

So what's the deal?

I checked my permissions for a 1.4.6.2 and have 755/644

if your shop is not experiencing any problems it may be possible to ignore this....

I have a problem with a payment module (card save). See my cardsave post on this board. I had fixed the issue yesterday by changing some permissions to 777 on some folders and everything worked fine, but now when a customer gets to the cardsave payment page and they make a payment they do not get redirected back to the PS store.

Payment goes through etc but there's no redirect and therefore no order confirmation.

Unfortunately before this error occurred I had changed all permissions to 755 to be safe as the site is live, and when I did that the error started to occur.

very odd...I have seen some shops that bought one of my modules which required write access to a folder set up to run without 'user' permissions....this resulted in having to change the write permissions to 777 to get the module installed....ave maria pues..

You may consider checking with your hosting provider to see how the hosting is setup, i.e. with our without 'user' permission. If not then you may be required to run 777....argh