Friendly URL errors occur despite mod_rewrite ON

Hello,

I read many stories about friendly url and mod_rewrite settings on the forum but this one is different. I could not find any similar which would help me solve my problem.

I upgraded from 1.5.0.17 to 1.5.4. Everything finally worked well on local server, but online (HostMonster) the friendly URLs do not work. SEO&URL page in BO displays a warning that URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server or it is not possible to check your server configuration. And indeed, with friendly url on, no product images load and links give error 404. Friendly url off works fine.

However, if I replace the .htaccess with the .htaccess from the backup of my original 1.5.0.17 (where friendly url worked), friendly url work, images load with their friendly names, links are fine as well. Therefore it is not the server issue.

I expect that the problem is in the .htaccess file. If only the manually uploaded one was not replaced automatically, the problem would be probably fine.

Lines from .htaccess regarding url rewriting follow:

original (works fine)

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

new (causes problems)

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^semeniste.cz$
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]
RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

Does anybody have a clue on fixing this? Perhaps a way to get .htaccess generated with he first code rather than the second...

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Ondrej

Btw., here is my php settings:

http://semeniste.cz/info.php

I tried to solve this (according to http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/2131[spam-filter]tip-15-and-custom-htaccess/ ) by adding the lines from the original (see above) to .htaccess before # ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment,.... to avoid overwriting it, however, after .htaccess regeneration, the lines from the new (see above) are automatically added to .htaccess as well and friendly url do not work again :(

I would be so much happy for any ideas...

hello same problem but in reality the url are friendly !!! only and advice on first page of BO but if you navigate the page are friendly url ! www.tuscanleathershop.com

i have NOT this msg URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active

i don't know why this msg advice