Module blocklayered BUG (Price indexation failed)

lewko_85

Not working multilevel filtration unit (Module blocklayered).

After installing and configuring Prestashop, everything worked perfectly: it was produced and created indexing filter settings.

However, after some time, the module was when trying to price indexing, URL attributes and display a message: "price indexing failed."

It is also impossible "Create your own template filter." In Step 1/3 - Select the category, after selecting start spinning arrow "update" and so endlessly ...

Perhaps this is something to do with the creation of new categories of goods and properties, or with the hosting setup.

Prest: 1.5.3.1. Version blocklayered: 1.8.9.

Thrust search on google and yandex not return any results. : - \

Looked right and so were 755. I tried to experiment, 777 for the folder and all subordinate unit to do. Does not help ...

Maybe someone knows the algorithm of this module.

To understand at what stage it throws this error index on which these trips, and there already could be analyzed and corrected.

Please help or send in what direction to dig ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found solution for me, but I don't if it will help to anybody else..

My problem was that I have to migrate my PS from subdomain f.e. devel "some.domain.tld" to production "www.mydomain.tld".. I found some tutorial that I have to change new domain in MySQL DB but it could be that mistake..

When I migrated it I have to change two things:

1) Domain in MySQL DB

2) Change path for root folder from /home/www/some.domain.tld to /home/www/mydomain.tld (and settings of my Apache2 VirtualHost that www.mydomain.tld is in /home/www/mydomain.tld)

And afther this two steps i've got "It is also impossible "Create your own template filter." In Step 1/3 - Select the category, after selecting start spinning arrow "update" and so endlessly ..."

When I make roleback from backup with all settings (apache2 also) it works fine again..

I tried to change it to new domain again but softly:

1) I Changed my domain in Back Office - Configuration > SEO and URL > change Eshop URL (from "some.domain.tld" to production "www.mydomain.tld")

2) Change path for root folder from /home/www/some.domain.tld to /home/www/mydomain.tld (and settings of my Apache2 VirtualHost that www.mydomain.tld and mydomain.tld is in /home/www/mydomain.tld)

And I access http://www.mydomain.tld/admin1111, Module Blocklayered worked great - editing/indexing (all have been fine) and I've been so lucky.....

BUT!.. Next day i try to edit Module Blocklayered again wia my http://mydomain.tld/admin1111 and I've got "It is also impossible "Create your own template filter." In Step 1/3 - Select the category, after selecting start spinning arrow "update" and so endlessly ..." error again... I've been so sad...

When I've been so realy angry I've got great idea -> when it works I've been accesing wia http://WWW.mydomain.tld/admin1111 no wia http://mydomain.tld/admin1111 and I tried to input "www" (if you have any other subdomain change www to that) and it works again!!!! And it still works for me (I have two the same PS and I see this in both of them)..

I'll be so happy if it will help to anybody else.. Frost.

Edited by bluefrost (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I think I know what's the problem, in my case: some sort of server misconfiguration. I saw with Firebug that the AJAX scripts were all returning a error message (HTTP 302)...

"GET /modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-price-indexer.php?token=xxxxxxxxx&ajax=1&cursor=0 HTTP/1.1" 302 20

Tomorrow I'm going to ask my hosting provider that they check this issue... -_-

(Sorry for my English :P)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have solved it :)

procedure:

Back office => Preferences => SEO & URLS then remove the 'www.' from shop domain and from SSL domain then save it.

Now blocklayered module will work

I'm still having "Price indexation failed" when i click on "Index all missing prices"

Shop domain - arystrydfawr.com

SSL domain - arystrydfawr.com

I have a clean install, but no luck with this module so far... but on the other hand I am new to PrestaShop. Is there any documentation for this module?

Edited by ioanprys (see edit history)

I'm still having "Price indexation failed" when i click on "Index all missing prices"

Shop domain - arystrydfawr.com

SSL domain - arystrydfawr.com

I have a clean install, but no luck with this module so far... but on the other hand I am new to PrestaShop. Is there any documentation for this module?

Have you ever try to play with permitions of /modules/blocklayermodule? I mean with chmod f.e. 777 (in extreme).. and second point i've wrote few replies highter (wokr with BO only wia domain.tld what u set up in Back office => Preferences => SEO & URLS)..

Have you ever try to play with permitions of /modules/blocklayermodule? I mean with chmod f.e. 777 (in extreme).. and second point i've wrote few replies highter (wokr with BO only wia domain.tld what u set up in Back office => Preferences => SEO & URLS)..

Yes thanks - and it worked! I found the thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218096-cant-edit-or-update-layered-navigation-loading-forever/

The solution was (thanks Constantina):

1. Change modules folder permissions to 755. Only the modules folder, not sub folders.

2. Change blocklayered folder permissions to 755 and all file permissions to 644.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...