My product pictures do not show up.

Hello Prestaforum!

I got some trouble with my homepage, i am using version 1.5x, with the standard theme from Prestashop!

Whenever i try to add pictures under "Products" it just comes up with a "Question mark", i am sure that i am using the right file type, JPEG. -

I have tried to make them smaller, and bigger, but nothing chances the problem, so i hope that somebody knows how to fix the problem!!

You can check my homepage here "www.klik-bæltet.dk", it's on Danish, but as you can see there are no pictures on products!

I got the question marks in back office too, and i've also tried to regenerate thumbnails yes :) - but it keeps giving me the question marks, i've aswell tried to cut off some pixels from the picture, just to see if it was the size that it couldn't handle, but it seems to be the same :)

I am not sure that i know what you mean with the "home_default image declared in preferences -> images"

I tried what you said, and i tried two of the options "Regenerate in back office: Preferences -> Seo Urls." and "Regenerate in back office: Turning multistore on, and then turning multistore off"

I don't know if it take some time, or should i try to remove the old pictures and try to upload them again, because nothing changed after i regenerated :)

Btw, i appreciate your help!

Check that you have writting permission to img folder & if you have friendly url turned on try to disable it just to see if it makes any different.

Also if your store live try sending us a link so we can see the store front (maybe you have caching issue in your computer)

i tried to turn off the friendly URL, it actually changed something, but my pictures are not showing up still!

when i turned "ON" the friendly URL all the pictures turn into see picture 1, and when i turn it "OFF" the question marks shows up.

But the link to my website is www.klik-bæltet.dk , and it is live now! :)

post-530939-0-46338500-1365859643_thumb.png

Edited by Skovknuser (see edit history)

1st turn off friendly url so it will be easier to trace the problem (url rewrite can be also an issue).

go to Advanced parameters -> Configuration information and under check your configuration do you get any error or you get like this

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: OK

let me know when you turned off friendly url

also go to Preferences -> Images and tell me what you got for 'home_default', what dimentions & what is checked

I have now turned off friendly URL, and under configuration information it says:

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: OK

I am not sure where to find out what i got for "home_default" , the dimensions is 64x64 for product pictures, but i have made it so that the pictures automatically gets generated. i hope you understand :)

but i just tried something else now, i "checked" the "Use the old image file system" to "no" , and then when i try to regenerate my thumpnails it writes :"Original image is missing or empty (/home/klikblte/public_html/img/p/1/0/7/107.jpg)"

i don't know if it makes any difference :)

I asked if you imported your store from another store or another ecommerce or started from fresh installation and had that issue from the 1st moment?

can you turn off friendly url and keep it off while I am checking something.

and yes try to upload a new product with new image and see if its working

For some reason you still have friendly url's on (look at your url's).

are you using apache or nginx?

can you post your htaccess content?

try to backup your htaccess and than delete the file and see if the site works.

can you upload a new product in English and name it "product" with no special characters attached and upload an image for that product.

I still think its something to do with rewrites mod.

do you have a folder "img/p/1/1/1" ? if so, what files you have inside.

also can you give 777 permision to img folder & all sub folders.

and by the way you are probably using apache or nginx (these are web servers (http)), the reason I asked is because with apache you do all redirect/rewrites from htaccess and on nginx you do rewrites from nginx server configuration

Edited by yaniv14 (see edit history)

use an ftp clients app to login to your server and look for a folder named "img" inside you will have "p" and "1/1/1" after you reach that folder (if it exist) check what files you have inside.

with the same ftp client app (like FileZilla) you can modify folders/files permissions (right click on the folder) so setup the img folder 777 (read/write/execute for all users/groups), if you have cpanel access to your files its even better to setup permission from there.

if you are using a shared host than they probably installed apache on your server, you can check it with info.php but I am not sure how to explain it, it really doesn't matter at that point, because it looks like you have apache.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...