First time working in PrestaShop... building a new site.

Why is the tax not included? Seems like a simple problem, but I have spent many hours fiddling with options to no avail.

Basically, the site never calculates/includes the United States/State tax. I even tried signing in as a customer in state, and went through the shopping cart process... nothing.

Here is where I am thusfar;

1) In Localization -> Taxes: Each State's tax rate is setup. In reality only CA is needed.

2) In Localization--> Tax Rules: Created a new rule called "Sales Tax" [Enabled]

3) In Localization--> Tax Rules --> "Sales Tax": added/saved a Tax Rule for the state of CA with the following options:

- This Tax Only

- Zip Codes 00000-99999 (also tried '0')

4) In Catalog --> Products --> Prices: Individual Products...added the Sales Tax tax rule [saved]

It is not applying the rule. Any ideas? What am I missing? Thanks!

Edited by drdelurk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts? Am I missing a step or something somewhere?

Now, magically, it was working on Chrome. Then I cleared the cache and no longer. But never on FireFox and Internet Explorer. I tried going to both and clearing the cache and cookies. Still nothing!

This makes PrestaShop unusable right now! ;o(

Edited by drdelurk (see edit history)

Some just in case ideas:

Make sure both the taxes and tax rules you want to use are enabled, and double check your localization settings, for example I made the zone USA, so I had to change the country United States to zone USA and ALSO the states to zone USA.

Offhand for my CA zip code range I have it set to 90000 - 96199

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/242357-tax-not-calculated-in-prestashop-1540/page__p__1200943?do=findComment&comment=1200943

Thanks for the reply.

- Updated the Zip Codes to your suggested range [Deleted existing rule, created new one].

- Verified everything was enabled [state, Country, tax, tax rule)

- Verified that Tax Rule was applied to each product.

- Cleared cache.

Once again works on Chrome (good!)... Doesn't work on Firefox and MSIE (bad!) Any other ideas?

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the reply.

- Updated the Zip Codes to your suggested range [Deleted existing rule, created new one].

- Verified everything was enabled [state, Country, tax, tax rule)

- Verified that Tax Rule was applied to each product.

- Cleared cache.

Once again works on Chrome (good!)... Doesn't work on Firefox and MSIE (bad!) Any other ideas?

Were you able to figure this out? I cannot get tax to show either, and I've tried adding taxes, and tax rules two different times.

• 3 years later...

Hi I need to know how to proceed with this module under PrestaShop?

I've downloaded said that the module was updated all right but I can't find out where it is.

I've added the Taxe Rules but dosen't seem to wodk very well.

Some of my products have taxes and some not. When I go to Checkout the taxes are there???

Maybe there's somthingI'm not doing ok

Can you help me??