Exporting CSV in 1.5.4

1.5.4 offers the possibility to export csv files for products, categories, orders, etc next to the save button. However, the function looks completely dysfunctional. No spreadsheet recognizes the exported files as valid csv files and when you look at them they use the semi-colon both for separating fields and for separating records - what obviously doesn't work. And that isn't the only problem...

Also I looked in vain for a place where I could configure the csv files (telling which fields to export and what to use as separator). Did I miss something?

Can someone enlighten me about this function, what I can do with it and what are the future plans of PS for it?

It does not work for me either... sadly.

I need the import and export functions to work better or else... wow... my client has over 1000 products with multiple pricing and categories.

I hope I, or someone else can help us sort this out.

I wanted to mesh their output CSV file from Sage 500 with the Prestashop files, but so far, no meshing... just a mess.

... but I still love Prestashop.... nearly perfect!

I have a service that is designed to move data into and out of the Prestashop database. It is used as an endpoint for a subscription service to move supplier data into the database and order data out of the database to suppliers. It is designed so that we can easily expand it to get to any data you want to read, insert, modify or delete.

I would need more details on your specific needs before I could say if the software will do what you need or could be modified to do so.

There is a brief description on http://roguewavelimited.com where it is used to update a shop's product prices and quantities.

• Like 1

I suffer the same problem.

The strange thing is:

The file does contain data, but the spreadsheet (I use calc) opens a blank sheet.

It feels like the spreadsheet doesn't recognize it as a csv file...

However, I currently use a workaround,

I open the csv file in a text editor,

then copy/paste all the data into a spreadsheet

and then I use the "text-to-column" function of the spreadsheet to turn into a functional spreadsheet.

Then you can save as a UTF-8 CSV file.

Ps : Pity you can't choose which data you want to export, but it is a start already.

I started with PS just 3 weeks ago, and I was very surprized this function was not available as a standard. But now as of 1.5.4 it lucklily is, great improvement, Now I hope it gets easy to use too...

----Edit----

I just found out that the file isn't worth anything at all...

When using text to column, the values are corrupt.

There is a field Foto in the csv file , which does not contain data,

Some price values are totally messed up.

The function seems nice that it is there, but unuseable at this point...

Edited by kmxorbit (see edit history)

I can open the file using libre office calc (formerly known as open office). However, the columns show a wrong header (the column with prices is named 'category', the column with the product title is named "photo" and so on. Short description and long description isn't exported at all. I assume this is still a beta function.

Thanks Rogue, I will look at your solution... We need a solution to automate the updating of inventory on both Mas500 and our Presta-Shop... we might need a solution to feed our inventory data to shopping sites ... yeah, might need to harvest some data from the web... and yes, we may need to send our orders to a shipper... I will bookmark your site for future reference!!! Thank you!

Thanks kmxorbit and prestamax... it is too bad it's not working so well for us. Hate to do all this manually. i will try your workarounds... thanks!

dang kmx, just saw your edit to your post... very disappointing... and yes, being able to filter what we export would be great feature... so would filter by other factors other than category... filter by brand would be very useful... I have many products and categories and it will be difficult to do with prestashop if they have to be done manually

Holy Confusion Batman... just downloaded the Prestashop sample products_import.csv from the admin back end...

What does all this mean? Column headers

Column A: id;Active (0/1);Name*;Categories (x

Column B: y

Column C :z

Column D: ...);Price tax excl. Or Price tax excl;Tax rules id;Wholesale price;On sale (0/1);Discount amount;Discount percent;Discount from (yyy-mm-dd);Discount to (yyy-mm-dd);Reference #;Supplier reference #;Supplier;Manufacturer;EAN13;UPC;Ecotax;Weight;Quantity;Short description;Description;Tags (x

Column E: y

Column F: z

Column G: ...);Meta-title;Meta-keywords;Meta-description;URL rewritten;Text when in-stock;Text if back-order allowed;Image URLs (x

Column H: y

Column I: z

Column J: ...);Feature;Only available online

I do not have a clue what all that is... is this what it's supposed to look like????

Shouldn't each ; field separator make a new column on the csv?

Aren't things like multiple categories or images supposed to be separated by commas, not into their own columns which would imply a separator of a semi-colon when uploading?

Shouldn't these be written as field names?

Does anyone possess the Scroll of Interpretation?

My head hurts.

If any one can send me a link to 'an explanation' of these column headings/fields and the data that should go in them, i would be forever grateful!

Thanks.

If any one can send me a link to 'an explanation' of these column headings/fields and the data that should go in them, i would be forever grateful!

Thanks.

You need to change delimiter from comma to semi-column / Or you can use Google Docs

For example:

Go go Google Docs

Create new Spreadsheet

Press File->Import and choose products_import.csv

Choose Replace Spreadsheet or whatever you prefer

In Separator character section choose Custom and type in " ; " without quotes...

The delimiter depends on your regional settings.

I think you can do the same import in Excel.

For more info try to search google on "how to change delimiter"

• Like 1

Wow that was fast... thanks guys. When i open the file in Excel, it messes it up big time. I did as suggested and opened into notepad, then copied into a blank excel spreadsheet... then went to DATA and chose text to columns... changed the tab to semi-colon... and it appears to work.

Very clunky Prestashop... sorry... is the most frustrating thing I have faced on Prestashop... Rogue and DoubleD to the rescue... thanks for the help!!! Once again!!!

I don't have a copy of Excel on my system but I know that there is a better way to open the CSV that what you are doing. Try opening it as a "Text file" instead of a worksheet. It should then (if I remember correctly) show you a dialog that lets you see a preview and be able to choose delimiters etc..

thanks Rogue... I will try that... I am making a .xls file with 2 worksheets...

- first one being the proper formatted columns for the product imports file

- second one will be the field specifications with some tips and uploading instructions (I will try to include all the tips that I have read)

I will send it to the PrestaPeople and maybe it will alleviate future stress for new users

but this file is still a bit of a mess, for instance...

=> Right after Categories field comes "Price tax excl. or Price Tax excl" -- gotta be a typo -- I assume it's incl or excl -- and it does not give a list of acceptable values in brackets which is pretty standard, and very valuable information for users.

Thanks again for the help

I am putting together a excel format file for all the import files... I can share if and we can figure out the ":unknowns" together.

for instance:

- Is addresses_import.csv for Customer Addresses, Manufacturer Addresses, or Store Locations Addresses?

(It seems to be for Customers... but why not explicitly state that?)

(sample file uses the same ID = 1 for the 2 customers... why is this?... weak example)

- Is combinations_import.csv for Product Combinations? If so, why is there no Import or Export Option on that page?

- why do I see this on the categories_import.csv ... "ID ou nom de la boutique" ... what does that mean?

- combinations_import.csv does not have a header row

- dependencies should be explicitly stated...

- cannot import Addresses data before Customer data (need Customer ID for Addresses records)

- cannot import Products before importing Categories (must list valid Categories to get products to work on import)

products_import.csv

- what is Tax Rules ID... a numeric value?... a tax type that user creates?... I thought taxes were geo-specific?

- Ecotax is a check box... so are valid values 0 or 1? What if I leave blank, what is default?

- I see a field for weight but not for Dimensions...

- lots of fields seem to be missing... are we supposed to manually input those after? A bit of a nightmare!

- is Quantity... Quantity on hand/in stock?

- Only Available Online -- what are acceptable values for this field? What is the default if left blank?

Prestashop is great, but would get a C-, due to their internal and external documentation... not sure if this is user generated or by Prestashop crew, but ambiguity and Databases just do not mix well!!!

Seems wrong that every new user is having to play around, test, and scratch our head -- a bit of care and organization can make this a seamless process.

All of this is slowing down my progress, and wasting time and money. I'd hate to bail on Prestashop at this point. Still a great product.

I have better results (read useable results) using the export function after upgrading to 1.5.4.1.

Only the first column of table (table headers) show a column Photo in between while its not correct, but that's basically to only issue I have with it.

I can alter and modify my products and import them again, and it seems to work.

But Export only exports the products you see on the screen. I think when you have to re-import 50.000 articles, it is not that user friendly (yet)

Hope this helps some people.

Hey kmxorbit, thanks for the info. I have not updated Prestashop yet... but will on Monday and try again.

Instead, I went into the mySQL tables in my hosting admin... Cpanel....

1) I exported my few records to text... copied and pasted them into excel (paste special - text)... then used the text to columns Tool... changing from 'tab' to 'semicolon'... viola!

2) I fixed up my data, added all the records I needed... protected the workbook and the sheet... saved it. Then saved as a CSV as well.

3) back into Cpanel, I found the table(s) again ... deleted the few existing records that would be duplicated... then imported the CSV... and viola!

4) got a bit scared when I saw a bunch of error messages and then no updates on my site, but went pack into presta-admin and saw that the records were there.. but not ENABLED.... enabled them all and the results show on my pages!!!

Fantastic!!! I am trying to ignore what I saw... the error messages... if anyone thinks I should be concerned, please let me know.

I updated 60 stores with a few clicks... not a database person, but on my way now!!!

I updated ps_store and was "astute" enough to update ps_store_shop... the one that tells which stores belongs to which presta-shop. I am not using multistore so all store numbers had shop = 1

I think I am going to use mySQL for importing and exporting as all fields and records are clear... no guessing. Hope it stays working.

If anyone knows why I got those errors, please advise! (see, i cannot stop thinking about all those error messages... don't know if there is a dump of them somewhere... a bit worried still)

If anyone needs any help with this... I am happy to try to help... thanks again for all the great information and help with this... a fantastic place this is for getting advice!

• Like 2

Wow Presta-Toys, that is truly "IT rambo style" if you ask me! :D

I don't even dare to look at the SQL tables because 1 comma wrong and the whole site is useless...

Anyway, fantastic job that you succeeded.

But a high sense of caution is a good advice for this kind of practice. :rolleyes:

3) back into Cpanel, I found the table(s) again ... deleted the few existing records that would be duplicated... then imported the CSV... and viola!

Seems like I can just make a few mock up in my hidden store to export and then easily delete, manually, to avoid messing around with the store's files.

Great suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was having the exact same issue with the default product export within PS 1.5.4.1. i did a little research and found out that PS does offer the functionality we all want, it is just hidden, and it enables you to export any information within any table to CSV.

In the back office and go to advanced paraneters > SQL Manager.

Select Add New

4UCRgg2.jpg

Then Give the query a name, i called mine Products.

Then In the List of MySQL Tables: find the table you require info from, mine all have the default names so for product info I need ps_products.

When you select the table you require a new window will appear next to it listing each column from the table as an attribute. Select each of the attributes you require from the table and they will be added to the query.

PrestaShop will not add the statement, so to return the values of the columns just add SELECT at the beginning, and at the end add FROM ps_product you will also need to separate each column within the query with a comma as these are not automatically added.

bNDRA58.jpg

Then save the query and you can download the CSV, if you open in Excel make sure to open excel first, and them import data from text, and on the dialog select semi colon deliminator and it will all open up fine.

This is extremely useful!!

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Great for Sharing this RCP90.

I'm not sure if I will understand it properly, but I'll mess around a bit and see how it works.

I'm gonna test this as soon as possible.

Anyway, thank you for this insight info of that SQL manager function

(as I wasn't aware of what it can do)

• Like 1

Hello,

I also had the exporting issue. Did quite bit of searching and found a great post about it.

http://dtbaker.net/web-development/export-prestashop-products-to-csv/

You use the Administrator > Advanced Parameters > SQL Manager

Create a new one and use the SQL Query that for the products you want.

From dtbaker

Products and Categories

select p.id_product,
	   pl.name as product_name,
	   pl.description as product_description,
	   concat('http://', ifnull(conf.value,'example.com'), '/img/p/', p.id_product, '-' , pi.id_image, '.jpg') as product_image,
	   p.id_category_default,
	   cl.name as category_name,
	   cl.description as category_description,
	   concat('http://', ifnull(conf.value,'example.com'), '/img/c/', cl.id_category, '.jpg') as category_image
from ps_product p
left join ps_image pi on p.id_product = pi.id_product
left join ps_product_lang pl on p.id_product = pl.id_product
left join ps_category_lang cl on p.id_category_default = cl.id_category
left join ps_configuration conf on conf.name = 'PS_SHOP_DOMAIN'
group by p.id_product

Just Categories

select cl.id_category,
	   cl2.name as parent_name,
	   cl.name,
	   cl.description,
	   cl.link_rewrite,
	   concat('http://', ifnull(conf.value,'example.com'), '/img/c/', c.id_category, '.jpg') as url_image,
	   cl.id_lang
from ps_category c
inner join ps_category_lang cl on cl.id_category = c.id_category
inner join ps_category_lang cl2 on cl2.id_category = c.id_parent and cl2.id_lang = cl.id_lang
order by cl.id_lang, c.level_depth

Just Products

select cl.id_product,
	   cl.name,
	   cl.description,
	   concat('http://', ifnull(conf.value,'example.com'), '/img/p/', c.id_product, '-' , i.id_image, '.jpg') as url_image,
	   cl.id_lang
from ps_product c
left join ps_image i on c.id_product = i.id_product
left join ps_product_lang cl on cl.id_product = c.id_product
group by cl.id_product
order by cl.id_lang

I tried the top one and it works great. Export it out edit the CSV then import it back in and it updates all the products. The nice thing is it saved in the admin so you can do this pretty quickly after it is setup.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i want to export Categories butr i get an error.

i using this one

select cl.id_category,
	   cl2.name as parent_name,
	   cl.name,
	   cl.description,
	   cl.link_rewrite,
	   concat('http://', ifnull(conf.value,'example.com'), '/img/c/', c.id_category, '.jpg') as url_image,
	   cl.id_lang
from ps_category c
inner join ps_category_lang cl2 on cl2.id_category = c.id_parent and cl2.id_lang = cl.id_lang

and i get this error

The attribute "id_categoryinner" does not exist in the table: ps_category.

HELP, I have a CSV file from Volusion and I am attempting to move about 700 products to PrestaShop. I need help, I am following this posting and suggestions however I am not getting my product moved. Any help is really appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi Nalpdog,

We've noticed that you had an issue with bridge installation.

The thing is you do not need to install connection bridge on your Volusion cart as it's API-based, only on your target PrestaShop installation.

Please respond to the letter from our Support Team or contact us at http://support.magneticone.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/5 with your Target PrestaShop store details, so that we can promptly help you

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey kmxorbit, thanks for the info. I have not updated Prestashop yet... but will on Monday and try again.

Instead, I went into the mySQL tables in my hosting admin... Cpanel....

1) I exported my few records to text... copied and pasted them into excel (paste special - text)... then used the text to columns Tool... changing from 'tab' to 'semicolon'... viola!

2) I fixed up my data, added all the records I needed... protected the workbook and the sheet... saved it. Then saved as a CSV as well.

4) got a bit scared when I saw a bunch of error messages and then no updates on my site, but went pack into presta-admin and saw that the records were there.. but not ENABLED.... enabled them all and the results show on my pages!!!

Fantastic!!! I am trying to ignore what I saw... the error messages... if anyone thinks I should be concerned, please let me know.

I updated 60 stores with a few clicks... not a database person, but on my way now!!!

I updated ps_store and was "astute" enough to update ps_store_shop... the one that tells which stores belongs to which presta-shop. I am not using multistore so all store numbers had shop = 1

I think I am going to use mySQL for importing and exporting as all fields and records are clear... no guessing. Hope it stays working.

If anyone knows why I got those errors, please advise! (see, i cannot stop thinking about all those error messages... don't know if there is a dump of them somewhere... a bit worried still)

If anyone needs any help with this... I am happy to try to help... thanks again for all the great information and help with this... a fantastic place this is for getting advice!

Hi PrestaToys,

I was actually going to recommend the same thing here before I saw your post.... Just so much easier to use PhpMyAdmin to accomplish this. The only thing I would add here is for PrestaToys.... (since I have not created my CSV yet) it would be cool if you could clear your data (leaving the headers of course) and leave a download link for other peeps. This will tak esome guess work out of it and we will eventually perfect the datasheet and conquer.

just a thought, "K"

• 2 weeks later...

When I do export of sample file of category and product I found one error. in header after ID goes PHOTO and value for it missing.

Fix

1. PHOTO replace with ACTIVE (correct name for this field)

2. In values add 1 (active) or 0 (not active) and ;

You should have

ID;Photo;Name; - ID;Active;Name;

11;name_value;... - 11;1;name_value

This will fix misalignment in fields.

I saw this error in product and category as these are two I worked.

I am trying to export a product sample so I can import all my inventory to the program. However, I have same issue with export file, it looks nothing like a csv file and I tried using text to colums but that didn't help. This is what I get

ID;Photo;Name;Reference;Category;Base;price;Finalprice;Quantity;Status;

10;<;Home;0.000000;0;0;1; (this field has no information in it.

I cannot get the heading column to export correctly, so I am worried it will not import correctly?

Any body have any good ideas please?

Thank you,

Steven

I am trying to export a product sample so I can import all my inventory to the program. However, I have same issue with export file, it looks nothing like a csv file and I tried using text to colums but that didn't help. This is what I get

ID;Photo;Name;Reference;Category;Base;price;Finalprice;Quantity;Status;

10;<;Home;0.000000;0;0;1; (this field has no information in it.

I cannot get the heading column to export correctly, so I am worried it will not import correctly?

Any body have any good ideas please?

Thank you,

Steven

So far Steven the only way I can see to get this done is by using Phpmyadmin and exporting the product tables, editing the CSV and importing it back. Problem is that there are multiple product tables and each one must be exported, edited and uploaded back to create the full product list on the FO. As always, backup your database before you get started.

I went to the products section and hit the export button. Most every program I have ever used uses csv. so I can populate the correct columns and then import in the same place since there is an import and export button right next to each other.

I have no idea what to do with this file.

Thank you,

Steven

Sorry the products button in the catalog section.

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

Steven, I have not had the time to complete the process of adding all the product data using this method. However, I did add most of my product data using an CSV export from PhpMyAdmin. I exported the "ps_product" and "ps_product_lang" tables and merged my new data with them using Excel. Then dropped the tables and uploaded the new CSV files to populate the DB with ne wdata ... then, had to go to the BO and select each product to finish adding the data I missed by not exporting all the ps_product tables.

Steven, I have not had the time to complete the process of adding all the product data using this method. However, I did add most of my product data using an CSV export from PhpMyAdmin. I exported the "ps_product" and "ps_product_lang" tables and merged my new data with them using Excel. Then dropped the tables and uploaded the new CSV files to populate the DB with ne wdata ... then, had to go to the BO and select each product to finish adding the data I missed by not exporting all the ps_product tables.

Mak

make backups or you risk destroying your site! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mak

make backups or you risk destroying your site! :)

Thank you for your reply, however, I do not think I am smart enough to do it the way you did. I can probably do the part using the phpmyadmin and get the template out that way, but after that I am out of my league. Isn't there any program that can do that?

Or, can I populate my excel spreadsheet and drop it back in the database?

Thank you,

Steven

Thank you for your reply, however, I do not think I am smart enough to do it the way you did. I can probably do the part using the phpmyadmin and get the template out that way, but after that I am out of my league. Isn't there any program that can do that?

Thank you,

Steven

Hi Steven, are you asking about how to backup your mySQL database and PrestaShop files? The best way to do it is to do it manually. Backing up is very very very important.

Once you go into your phpmyadmin, find the corresponding database that connects to your store. Next you want to find the "Export" tab and export all the tables. Make to save it in a safe place.

To backup your PrestaShop files, you find your FTP program and simply copy all the folders (admin, config, classes etc...) and paste it on your computer hardrive or cloud service like Google Drive.

If you need help, just let us know.

Hi Steven, are you asking about how to backup your mySQL database and PrestaShop files? The best way to do it is to do it manually. Backing up is very very very important.

Once you go into your phpmyadmin, find the corresponding database that connects to your store. Next you want to find the "Export" tab and export all the tables. Make to save it in a safe place.

To backup your PrestaShop files, you find your FTP program and simply copy all the folders (admin, config, classes etc...) and paste it on your computer hardrive or cloud service like Google Drive.

If you need help, just let us know.

No not backing up, trying to import the my products directly into the database. I have no reason to back up my current database, if I cannot figure out how to import bulk products, I cannot use the program.

Thank you,

Steven

Thank you,

Steven

Hi Steven, there are tutorials on youtube on how to edit and merge cells and columns in Excel if this is the problem. However, Since I have edited my DB using this method I have had issues with the "New Product" label not showing on new products, New updated products not showing in the right column as expected and get DB error when I try to add a new product using the BO.... so, I would recommend finding another method as this does not seem to be a solid solution. Good Luck and post back if you find a better way please.

"K"

Hi Steven, okay I understand.

Are you familiar with CSV file at all? If not, then I would suggest to use a module that can do this for you.

Here is an Example of a pretty in depth CSV file http://themaveness.com/example.csv

Benjamin, I would hope that there is a better solution for importing (X) number of products all at once rather than what you have recommended here. This is vital to an ecommerce framework and I would think that this has already been a issue many times over ??? Why has this not been addressed?

Hi KSteele, the two ways to import mass data would be a CSV file or a module that would perform that function for you.

The example I posted is a confirmed working CSV for 1.5.4.1, I grabbed it from this thread, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/251434-solvedcsv-product-import-features-not-importing/

The reason why I posted it is because it includes many of the more difficult aspects of the CSV, such as importing multiple features.

What issue specifically are you asking should be addressed? I will do my best to help.

I am pretty good with csv files, but the whole point of finding a program to do it is to spend the least amount of time on this aspect.

The part I am not going to be good with is probably going to be merging with a mysqladmin database. I would think exporting to a database would be easy. I will check out what you posted, it should help.

Thank you.,

Steven

Hi KSteele, the two ways to import mass data would be a CSV file or a module that would perform that function for you.

The example I posted is a confirmed working CSV for 1.5.4.1, I grabbed it from this thread, http://www.prestasho...-not-importing/

The reason why I posted it is because it includes many of the more difficult aspects of the CSV, such as importing multiple features.

What issue specifically are you asking should be addressed? I will do my best to help.

Thanks for responding Benjamin. I think what everyone here is asking and/or looking for is an "easy" method of importing multiple products. The example CSV method you posted here is more of an advanced user/programmer method and not likely to be used by anyone posting here, including myself.

Do you know of a module that will address this? I have limited knowledge of MySQL but I can see from looking at the tables that each product's data references are scattered amongst several different tables making adding a product using my method into an advanced task... BTW, I wonder if you can help me get my PS back working correctly again? LMK

A module that has all the necessary fields to properly add a product using CSV and import/export is all we need. The Attributes can be added at a later time as well as the images. One place to fill the data to all the tables that apply... does this exist?

Hi KSteele, I know a pretty good service here, https://www.file2cart.com/app/estimator/show/estimates/ The one time import of 1000 products is $19.00

Alternatively, you could post on the Job Offer forum and see what kind of quotes you get.

There are export products and orders for CSV on the Addons store, I think this is the best one, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/export-modules/6927-advanced-csv-export-for-15-produtsorders-cron-csv.html

Hi KSteele, I know a pretty good service here, https://www.file2car...show/estimates/ The one time import of 1000 products is $19.00

Alternatively, you could post on the Job Offer forum and see what kind of quotes you get.

There are export products and orders for CSV on the Addons store, I think this is the best one, http://addons.presta...s-cron-csv.html

That 1st solution looks like it could work. I have an upcoming client I will try this with. As for my issue... I have sent you a PM and my GTalk is ksteele36

KSteele,

This post is so long I've kind of lost track of what you are trying to get done. CSV product import is part of the standard PS. The trick is to know what columns are required and which are not. If you don't want to get involved with a helper, just start with one product and create a CSV with the product code and the name fields. Try to import that and see what errors out. You can have many more of the fields but only a few are actually required. I'm not sure this is what you want to know.

I can upload all of your products for you for a reasonable fee. If you want a continuing quantity/price update from a supplier's data I can do that also (cheaply).

KSteele,

This post is so long I've kind of lost track of what you are trying to get done. CSV product import is part of the standard PS. The trick is to know what columns are required and which are not. If you don't want to get involved with a helper, just start with one product and create a CSV with the product code and the name fields. Try to import that and see what errors out. You can have many more of the fields but only a few are actually required. I'm not sure this is what you want to know.

I can upload all of your products for you for a reasonable fee. If you want a continuing quantity/price update from a supplier's data I can do that also (cheaply).

Hi Richard, thanks for responding. I think I have a handle on it... the built-in import function is just a learning curve that I am trying to avoid (mostly because I do not see this as a viable solution for importing your products - this should be a simple CSV with headers that make sense... anything else is a fail in my eyes) That being said, even if I wanted to take you up on your offer... my db remains broken for the moment and I need to figure a solution before I can move forward with adding more product. Not to mention the EZ Retail Manager is $39 and if it works as expected will be a "long term" solution rather than a one time fix/fee.

"K"

KSteele,

The issue I am having with the PS export/import is I tried to list 1 product so I can see which fields need to be populated then I did an export.

The problem is, here is the csv file I got from them

ID;Photo;Name;Reference;Category;Base price;Final price;Quantity;Status;

8;Diamond Double Dolphin Engagement Ring 25pts.;x12erd;Dolphin Engagement Rings;799.000000;799;3;1;

Both of these lines were in 1 column, (Heading- inventory item below)

this is not a csv file that I have seen, much less usuable.

i think in excel I could probably cut and paste each section into new columns, but before I do all that and then try to import isn't there a way to make the program export to a proper csv file?

Thank you,

Steven

Steven,

The sample you sent does not look like a PS product export. This came from a PS product export?

Ignoring that issue for the time being, you should be able to import that file into excel if that's what you are trying to do. I don't use excel so I can't give you the exact way to get the csv into excel. But you should be able to open excel and then either go through the file > open dialog and specify a CSV. OR find the data import (depends on version). It should open the file and put up a dialog box asking you what delimiter to use - you would specify the semicolon (;).

...had to take that back. You can use that CSV export Steven if you can decipher it.... probably the best thing to do is add a few products manually to set the template for the rest. This however does not work in my situation and I'm thinking you probably have the same issue. You should consider making that $39 purchase I posted.

Edited by KSteele (see edit history)

Steven,

The sample you sent does not look like a PS product export. This came from a PS product export?

Ignoring that issue for the time being, you should be able to import that file into excel if that's what you are trying to do. I don't use excel so I can't give you the exact way to get the csv into excel. But you should be able to open excel and then either go through the file > open dialog and specify a CSV. OR find the data import (depends on version). It should open the file and put up a dialog box asking you what delimiter to use - you would specify the semicolon ( ;).

.That is the file I get when I export from prestashop, I did it twice. I would expect the export function would have been a csv file, but this is what I get. I am worried that if I "fix" it up in excel and then try to import it, then it won't work.

Does any documentation from prestashop state what format their export function is supposed to be?

thank you,

Steven

Steven,

It looks like there is no way in a standard prestashop to export products in the same form that is required for import (WTF?)

The only option you have at this point is use the sql query available in the "advanced parameters" section of admin or write some PHP to get the data or buy an import/export module.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Steven,

It looks like there is no way in a standard prestashop to export products in the same form that is required for import (WTF?)

The only option you have at this point is use the sql query available in the "advanced parameters" section of admin or write some PHP to get the data or buy an import/export module.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Well getting a bad answer is better than no answer so thank you.

That being said, the only reason I did the export was to try to populate the fields so when I imported it would go to the proper place.

I tried playing with the import/export last night, and it looks like when you import you can "match the columns you want.

If that is the case can I just import my own csv file and match the fields I need in their respective columns?

Thanks again for your help.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears that many are having problems opening the CSV exported from PS. Do not try to opens this file from Excel, instead import it.

Here is what I find that works best-

> Open a new Excel spreadsheet

> Select the Data tab and "Get External Data from Text"

> Import your CSV file

> On Step 1 of the Wizard - use the Delimited

> Step Two of the Wizard - select Semicolon only

> Step Three accept all defaults and select finish

I use a single " in the inches ( i.e. 8") and it imports fine, but if I have double "" ( i.e. "John" )it drops them.

When finished editing, do a "Save As" and select the CSV (MS-DOS) *.csv format

Hope this helps!

-MM

Edited by electric-2000 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I want sample product combination csv file will all fields.

is there any?

I don't know if there's another way but the way I do it is to split that in two operations: the normal products import, with all fields that you need, then the combinations import to the previously imported products

Hi

i want to export Categories butr i get an error.

i using this one

select cl.id_category,
		   cl2.name as parent_name,
		   cl.name,
		   cl.description,
		   cl.link_rewrite,
		   cl.id_lang
from ps_category c
and i get this error

The SQL works fine for me just pasting it into phpMyAdmin - So it must be that when you paste it in the return between the "c.id_category" and the "inner" is getting lost.

For the error The attribute "id_categoryINNER" does not exist in the table: ps_category that appears when trying to create the Categories only rule.

I had the same problem, and I see no-one answered it so here's my fix: simply remove the word INNER from INNER JOIN, so it's JOIN only. Leave the left join as is.

Edited by phew72 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was having the exact same issue with the default product export within PS 1.5.4.1. i did a little research and found out that PS does offer the functionality we all want, it is just hidden, and it enables you to export any information within any table to CSV.

In the back office and go to advanced paraneters > SQL Manager.

Select Add New

4UCRgg2.jpg

Then Give the query a name, i called mine Products.

Then In the List of MySQL Tables: find the table you require info from, mine all have the default names so for product info I need ps_products.

When you select the table you require a new window will appear next to it listing each column from the table as an attribute. Select each of the attributes you require from the table and they will be added to the query.

PrestaShop will not add the statement, so to return the values of the columns just add SELECT at the beginning, and at the end add FROM ps_product you will also need to separate each column within the query with a comma as these are not automatically added.

bNDRA58.jpg

Then save the query and you can download the CSV, if you open in Excel make sure to open excel first, and them import data from text, and on the dialog select semi colon deliminator and it will all open up fine.

This is extremely useful!!

OMG !! RCP90 You saved me from pulling out my hair! LOL

I could not for the life of me figure out how to download ALL my categories including subs!

When I would export the categories via cvs export on the main categories page, I was only getting the parent categories, never any of the sub categories. (I am not SQL savy at ALL ! LOL )

You post was a life saver! It should be pinned somewhere :)

Thanks again RCP90!  You ROCK !

( I quoted your entire post so it's easy to find for me in the future!)