Exporting CSV in 1.5.4 - Page 3 - Ecommerce x PrestaShop [ARCHIVE BOARD] - PrestaShop

Photo

Exporting CSV in 1.5.4

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

I am trying to export a product sample so I can import all my inventory to the program. However, I have same issue with export file, it looks nothing like a csv file and I tried using text to colums but that didn't help. This is what I get

ID;Photo;Name;Reference;Category;Base;price;Finalprice;Quantity;Status;
10;<;Home;0.000000;0;0;1; (this field has no information in it.
I cannot get the heading column to export correctly, so I am worried it will not import correctly?

Any body have any good ideas please?

Thank you,
Steven

So far Steven the only way I can see to get this done is by using Phpmyadmin and exporting the product tables, editing the CSV and importing it back. Problem is that there are multiple product tables and each one must be exported, edited and uploaded back to create the full product list on the FO. As always, backup your database before you get started.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

RogueWaveLimited

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 Active Posts
Steven,

Can you tell us exactly what you did to get the export CSV you posted?
Richard Williams
richard@roguewavelimited.com

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

steven@ssjewels.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts
I went to the products section and hit the export button. Most every program I have ever used uses csv. so I can populate the correct columns and then import in the same place since there is an import and export button right next to each other.
I have no idea what to do with this file.

Thank you,
Steven

Sorry the products button in the catalog section.

Edited by steven@ssjewels.com, 16 July 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts
Steven, I have not had the time to complete the process of adding all the product data using this method. However, I did add most of my product data using an CSV export from PhpMyAdmin. I exported the "ps_product" and "ps_product_lang" tables and merged my new data with them using Excel. Then dropped the tables and uploaded the new CSV files to populate the DB with ne wdata ... then, had to go to the BO and select each product to finish adding the data I missed by not exporting all the ps_product tables.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

Steven, I have not had the time to complete the process of adding all the product data using this method. However, I did add most of my product data using an CSV export from PhpMyAdmin. I exported the "ps_product" and "ps_product_lang" tables and merged my new data with them using Excel. Then dropped the tables and uploaded the new CSV files to populate the DB with ne wdata ... then, had to go to the BO and select each product to finish adding the data I missed by not exporting all the ps_product tables.

Mak

make backups or you risk destroying your site! :)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

steven@ssjewels.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts

Mak

make backups or you risk destroying your site! :)

Thank you for your reply, however, I do not think I am smart enough to do it the way you did. I can probably do the part using the phpmyadmin and get the template out that way, but after that I am out of my league. Isn't there any program that can do that?
Or, can I populate my excel spreadsheet and drop it back in the database?

Thank you,
Steven

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5931 Active Posts

Thank you for your reply, however, I do not think I am smart enough to do it the way you did. I can probably do the part using the phpmyadmin and get the template out that way, but after that I am out of my league. Isn't there any program that can do that?

Thank you,
Steven

Hi Steven, are you asking about how to backup your mySQL database and PrestaShop files? The best way to do it is to do it manually. Backing up is very very very important.

Once you go into your phpmyadmin, find the corresponding database that connects to your store. Next you want to find the "Export" tab and export all the tables. Make to save it in a safe place.

To backup your PrestaShop files, you find your FTP program and simply copy all the folders (admin, config, classes etc...) and paste it on your computer hardrive or cloud service like Google Drive.

If you need help, just let us know.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

steven@ssjewels.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts

Hi Steven, are you asking about how to backup your mySQL database and PrestaShop files? The best way to do it is to do it manually. Backing up is very very very important.

Once you go into your phpmyadmin, find the corresponding database that connects to your store. Next you want to find the "Export" tab and export all the tables. Make to save it in a safe place.

To backup your PrestaShop files, you find your FTP program and simply copy all the folders (admin, config, classes etc...) and paste it on your computer hardrive or cloud service like Google Drive.

If you need help, just let us know.

No not backing up, trying to import the my products directly into the database. I have no reason to back up my current database, if I cannot figure out how to import bulk products, I cannot use the program.

Thank you,
Steven

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5931 Active Posts
Hi Steven, okay I understand.

Are you familiar with CSV file at all? If not, then I would suggest to use a module that can do this for you.

Here is an Example of a pretty in depth CSV file http://themaveness.com/example.csv

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

Thank you,
Steven

Hi Steven, there are tutorials on youtube on how to edit and merge cells and columns in Excel if this is the problem. However, Since I have edited my DB using this method I have had issues with the "New Product" label not showing on new products, New updated products not showing in the right column as expected and get DB error when I try to add a new product using the BO.... so, I would recommend finding another method as this does not seem to be a solid solution. Good Luck and post back if you find a better way please.

"K"

Hi Steven, okay I understand.

Are you familiar with CSV file at all? If not, then I would suggest to use a module that can do this for you.

Here is an Example of a pretty in depth CSV file http://themaveness.com/example.csv

Benjamin, I would hope that there is a better solution for importing (X) number of products all at once rather than what you have recommended here. This is vital to an ecommerce framework and I would think that this has already been a issue many times over ??? Why has this not been addressed?

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5931 Active Posts
Hi KSteele, the two ways to import mass data would be a CSV file or a module that would perform that function for you.

The example I posted is a confirmed working CSV for 1.5.4.1, I grabbed it from this thread, http://www.prestasho...-not-importing/

The reason why I posted it is because it includes many of the more difficult aspects of the CSV, such as importing multiple features.

What issue specifically are you asking should be addressed? I will do my best to help.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

steven@ssjewels.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts
I am pretty good with csv files, but the whole point of finding a program to do it is to spend the least amount of time on this aspect.
The part I am not going to be good with is probably going to be merging with a mysqladmin database. I would think exporting to a database would be easy. I will check out what you posted, it should help.

Thank you.,
Steven

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

Hi KSteele, the two ways to import mass data would be a CSV file or a module that would perform that function for you.

The example I posted is a confirmed working CSV for 1.5.4.1, I grabbed it from this thread, http://www.prestasho...-not-importing/

The reason why I posted it is because it includes many of the more difficult aspects of the CSV, such as importing multiple features.

What issue specifically are you asking should be addressed? I will do my best to help.

Thanks for responding Benjamin. I think what everyone here is asking and/or looking for is an "easy" method of importing multiple products. The example CSV method you posted here is more of an advanced user/programmer method and not likely to be used by anyone posting here, including myself.
Do you know of a module that will address this? I have limited knowledge of MySQL but I can see from looking at the tables that each product's data references are scattered amongst several different tables making adding a product using my method into an advanced task... BTW, I wonder if you can help me get my PS back working correctly again? LMK

A module that has all the necessary fields to properly add a product using CSV and import/export is all we need. The Attributes can be added at a later time as well as the images. One place to fill the data to all the tables that apply... does this exist?

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

benjamin utterback

Community Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5931 Active Posts
Hi KSteele, I know a pretty good service here, https://www.file2car...show/estimates/ The one time import of 1000 products is $19.00

Alternatively, you could post on the Job Offer forum and see what kind of quotes you get.

There are export products and orders for CSV on the Addons store, I think this is the best one, http://addons.presta...s-cron-csv.html

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

Hi KSteele, I know a pretty good service here, https://www.file2car...show/estimates/ The one time import of 1000 products is $19.00

Alternatively, you could post on the Job Offer forum and see what kind of quotes you get.

There are export products and orders for CSV on the Addons store, I think this is the best one, http://addons.presta...s-cron-csv.html

That 1st solution looks like it could work. I have an upcoming client I will try this with. As for my issue... I have sent you a PM and my GTalk is ksteele36

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts
This looks to be a very good solution also: http://easyretailman...-import-export/

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

RogueWaveLimited

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 Active Posts
KSteele,

This post is so long I've kind of lost track of what you are trying to get done. CSV product import is part of the standard PS. The trick is to know what columns are required and which are not. If you don't want to get involved with a helper, just start with one product and create a CSV with the product code and the name fields. Try to import that and see what errors out. You can have many more of the fields but only a few are actually required. I'm not sure this is what you want to know.

I can upload all of your products for you for a reasonable fee. If you want a continuing quantity/price update from a supplier's data I can do that also (cheaply).
Richard Williams

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

KSteele

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 Active Posts

KSteele,

This post is so long I've kind of lost track of what you are trying to get done. CSV product import is part of the standard PS. The trick is to know what columns are required and which are not. If you don't want to get involved with a helper, just start with one product and create a CSV with the product code and the name fields. Try to import that and see what errors out. You can have many more of the fields but only a few are actually required. I'm not sure this is what you want to know.

I can upload all of your products for you for a reasonable fee. If you want a continuing quantity/price update from a supplier's data I can do that also (cheaply).

Hi Richard, thanks for responding. I think I have a handle on it... the built-in import function is just a learning curve that I am trying to avoid (mostly because I do not see this as a viable solution for importing your products - this should be a simple CSV with headers that make sense... anything else is a fail in my eyes) That being said, even if I wanted to take you up on your offer... my db remains broken for the moment and I need to figure a solution before I can move forward with adding more product. Not to mention the EZ Retail Manager is $39 and if it works as expected will be a "long term" solution rather than a one time fix/fee.

"K"

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

steven@ssjewels.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts

KSteele,

The issue I am having with the PS export/import is I tried to list 1 product so I can see which fields need to be populated then I did an export.
The problem is, here is the csv file I got from them

ID;Photo;Name;Reference;Category;Base price;Final price;Quantity;Status;
8;Diamond Double Dolphin Engagement Ring 25pts.;x12erd;Dolphin Engagement Rings;799.000000;799;3;1;

Both of these lines were in 1 column, (Heading- inventory item below)
this is not a csv file that I have seen, much less usuable.
i think in excel I could probably cut and paste each section into new columns, but before I do all that and then try to import isn't there a way to make the program export to a proper csv file?

Thank you,
Steven

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

RogueWaveLimited

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 Active Posts
Steven,

The sample you sent does not look like a PS product export. This came from a PS product export?

Ignoring that issue for the time being, you should be able to import that file into excel if that's what you are trying to do. I don't use excel so I can't give you the exact way to get the csv into excel. But you should be able to open excel and then either go through the file > open dialog and specify a CSV. OR find the data import (depends on version). It should open the file and put up a dialog box asking you what delimiter to use - you would specify the semicolon (;).
Richard Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to use our cookies.     Learn more