Remove phone number from order form

Hi there,

I have Prestashop 1.4.9.0 and I would like to remove the phone number line from the mandatory informations in the order form that are required from the customers when they choose to order without opening an account. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

it should be possible, you would have to alter the address class and possibly the order controller to remove any validations that would require it.

You probably want to also edit the checkout and address template files so that it does not tell the customer one of the phone numbers are required.

• 2 weeks later...

This really needs to be set as a simple option. I mean, why would I want to call someone ordering stuff from me? Most of my customers are from other countries too - so it's out of question that I ever will. Further on, it's a well proven fact (just "google it") that people will abandon carts and not fulfill their purchase, if they need to leave a phone number. I know I have done too, or just typed in a fake one. I don't want to be called, and I don't want to call others either.