New PS 1.5 installation, can't see FO

Dear,

I am preparing to migrate from 1.4 to 1.5 and upgrade I've done already. All products etc. are in new version, BO is working but I can't see FO. I think it will we in .httaccess but I tried to regenerate it and none changed. I have my main production PS on www.xxx.xx and preparing new version on www.xxx.xx/prestashop/, but when I try this address it gives me www.xxx.xx/page-not-found. Why?

I have right set domain in BO to www.xxx.xx/prestashop/ and also domain in DB. And it isn't still working. Why? What I can do for access my FO?

Thank you very much

vasekcekal

:)

The domain would still be www.xxxxxx.com the Base url would be /prestashop/.

You should create another database for this new site so you do not corrupt the production database in the root folder.

Then when you have finished the upgrade you can download the new shop to your computer VIA FTP, delete all files on the server and upload the new shop to the root.

You will then need to edit the database and change the ps_shop_url to- / instead of /prestashop/

here is an example I have 4 shops 1 in the root the other three are test sites an sub folders.

The Domain for all 4 is the same but the base url is different.

Each shop has its own database as if you share one when you change a setting it will also change for the other site.

Domain/SSL --- ------------Base url

1. www.xxxxxxx.com -----------/

2. www.xxxxxxx.com----------- /shop/

3. www.xxxxxxx.com----------- /shop2/

4. www.xxxxxxx.com -----------/shop3/

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)