Stats Visits on 1.5.4

Hi,

On Prestashop 1.5.3, stats visits work well, but I have updated to PS 1.5.4 and the stats dont work well. The number of visitors has increased to more doubled.

On Google analytics I see a 400 visits at day, and the PS show 1100 visits

Any idea ?

Rgs

• 3 months later...

... but I have updated to PS 1.5.4 and the stats dont work well. The number of visitors has increased to more doubled.

On Google analytics I see a 400 visits at day, and the PS show 1100 visits

Same problem after update to 1.5.4

Seems that "Direct link" is not filtered from robot's visits.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem.

Prestashop 1.5.4.1 Bo > Stats >Stats Dashboard

shows 186 visits for one day and Google Analytics show 5 visits for the same day.

See screen shots.

Thanks

post-154019-0-02812700-1374526980_thumb.jpgpost-154019-0-52496400-1374526997_thumb.jpg

Interesting, in Google Analytics, are the corresponding page views consistent with 5 visits or 186?

Same problem after update to 1.5.4 Seems that "Direct link" is not filtered from robot's visits. Any ideas?

Hi XJR100, do you have additional information regarding the filtration of "Direct link"? Thank you!

To be honest if your serious about the store, I would not trust any stats prestashop back office gives you. Your better off working with analytics if you can't afford a more higher end option, at least that way you can filter out your IP, Developer / Design and any staff so you get a more true reflection on stats.

Not to mention you can run more detailed reports on what's going on with your site, landing pages and so forth if you link it up with web master tools.

cocothecat,

To be honest if your serious about the store, I would not trust any stats prestashop back office gives you.

Agree with you and indeed I am serious about my store.

Your better off working with analytics if you can't afford a more higher end option, at least that way you can filter out your IP, Developer / Design and any staff so you get a more true reflection on stats.

Not to mention you can run more detailed reports on what's going on with your site, landing pages and so forth if you link it up with web master tools.

I use Google Analytics and that's why I noticed the unmatching stats numbers in Prestashop with the numbers in Analytics.

I agree with you regarding the reliability of stats in Prestashop but I am concerned more about the 'Pages not found' in Stats and I can see them in Analytics. I don't not why Analytics shows me these pages eventhough my website is working fine and I tested several times by placing orders without problem.

I have a post about this and It would be helpful if you can give your opinion.

Here is the link: http://www.prestasho...21#entry1309321

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks

Any resolution on this? We have the same problem and we use presta stats so everyone looking at it are going crazy.

M

The PrestaShop stats module is good. However, I would always use with google analytics. Sometimes, the way we track can be different than the way Google does. No one tracking tool should be used, a combination of different tracking methods will give you the best picture of your stores statistics. 

• 1 year later...

I have same problem - too many visits from Direct link.

Google analytics shows xxx visits, while prestashop shows xxxx visits, and 90% are from Direct link.

How stats module count different visitors? 

I've studied www logs and noticed, that some customers while browsing site had several time changes of IPs (that can happen in some providers with mobile connections).

Could it be, that customer with dynamically changing IP every time logged - first time when he visit site from some source and each other time when he gets new IP as "direct"?

Same happens with some bots - they also change IP several time while accessing pages.

• 2 years later...