The requested URL was not found on this server

Hello,

We have a serious problem on the server - files PS have been partially removed, but the database is OK. I did the new installation PS, and then "plugged in" to the correct database. In admin panel everything is fine, but when I select any of the categories from the "front" I get the error:

Not Found

The requested URL /56-xxxxx was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What can we do in this situation?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello @vekia I'm having the same issue and can't access prestashop back office.

The requested URL /admin**** was not found on this server.
Few weeks ago I've enabled friendly urls, everything was working last time I checked but that's the only clue I have in mind

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

well, without additional informations is almost impossible to help

what ps version?

what theme?

friendly urls turned on?

your server supports mod rewrite?

Prestashop is coded to pull the "site URL" attribute from its database when a request is served and then redirects to that shop URL, if you have moved the database and site to new a server, you need to change the 'site URL" value. To do so access your database, I use phpmyadmin.

Go to table named ps_shop_url and change the entries for domain and domianssl accordingly. This will change the site URL constants value to your current URL.

note: ps_ is the database prefix for prestashop.

• 8 months later...

Hi all... I had the same sort of issue when I copied my files from one host to another... Back Office was working but not the Front.

After struggling for sometime i kinda found a way around the issue... (maybe luck  :) )

I just enabled "Friendly URL" under PREFERENCE > SEO & URLs and it worked for me...

Give it a try and l me know if you haven't found the answer yet and also if you have found a better way.... :)

post-1068137-0-29514800-1446908553_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi all... I had the same sort of issue when I copied my files from one host to another... Back Office was working but not the Front.

After struggling for sometime i kinda found a way around the issue... (maybe luck  :) )

I just enabled "Friendly URL" under PREFERENCE > SEO & URLs and it worked for me...

Give it a try and l me know if you haven't found the answer yet and also if you have found a better way.... :)

I can confirm, it worked during an error while upgrading from 1.6.1.11 to 1.6.1.12. Thanks.

Edited by Nandos (see edit history)