Snowie

[solved] how to create Simple Text Page?

I've been searching here and on google and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I need a module which allows me to have a page of static text with links in the main menu to the page I create. I don't want anything fancy, that has motion or the like. Just a page of text which hooks into the main menu like a product page.

The block html pages that I have found so far are created to embed text unto an existing page, so none of those will work for my needs.

Seems like there is a need for such a module. Anyone seen a module fitting that description?

Hi,

its hard to understand what exactly you want, a link to a static (CMS) page in the menu, or you want to display some content in the menu ? Please try to be more clear, example would help.

Anyway, in both cases, you can do this with custom menu module. There are couple of very feature rich paid modules in the addons store.

If you just want to add a link to the menu, you can do that from the .tpl file of the menu and hardcode your link.

Let me try and explain better. I'd like a module, lets call it static content, where after I click on "Configure", there is a button in the upper right called, "New Page".

It would have to the option to give the page a name, add menu link, content below. Saving will create a page which users can access from the main menu.

It's not on the left or right or footer of some other page, but a page on its own.

So for instance, if I want to create a FAQ page with just questions and answers, I can do so. I know there are faq modules out there and I don't mind paying, but they don't do what I want. And what I want is to have a simple page of text, NO MOTION, or javascript, just text on a page.

Sometimes there is a need to have static text, even in the current future of Web 2.0. Content is king, doesn't matter if it twirls or not.

Edited by Snowie (see edit history)

Hi :)

I think that was clear enough, and also think that youre just not familiar with what prestashop offers.

You can create a new CMS page (preferences->CMS) and put your content in it. After that, go to your Top Horisontal Menu module or whatever menu module youre using, and there must be option to add that newly created cms page to your top menu.

Its simple as that. Let me know if you need further assistance :)

thanks for all answers, now i can mark this thread as solved :-)