[solved] Translate front office (increase max_input_vars)

When i choose to translate front office it says that i should increase max_input_vars to at leat 1433, but i already increase to 2000 in php.ini and it still says that i have 1000. Anyone know why?

Hi,

may be it setting is not allowed to configurate via local php.ini. Try to contact with your hoster. Or edit your .htaccess with it:

php_value max_input_vars 10000

Regards

Hi i created an info.php file and check and it says max_input_vars 2000 but prestashop still say that i have 1000

I dont understand...

I create info.php and if i go to www.mydomain.com/info.php shows me a lot of info and it says that limit of max_input_vars 2000 but prestashop still say that i have 1000

yes, but you created file in root dir of your prestashop, create this file in /admin/ directory (i don't know what is the name of your back office directory) and open it in your webbrowser

Yes on my shop directory the info.php says 1000, but php.ini is in the publichtml and my store is in the publichtml/mystore

And only could exist one php.ini right? I couldnt move the php.ini to my store directory can i?

info.php isn't php.ini file.

I said, that i think that something changing value of this param in your /admin/ directory. Which mean, that there may exists some scripts / htaccess which change value of max_input_vars only in admin directory.

info.php isn't php.ini file.

I said, that i think that something changing value of this param in your /admin/ directory. Which mean, that there may exists some scripts / htaccess which change value of max_input_vars only in admin directory.

Ok i know that are different files but why on publichtml says i have 2000 and on publichtml/mystore says i have 1000?

Isnt because php.ini that have the commands are in publichtml? If i have php.ini on my store directory dont i have 2000 limit on my store?

Look to your host control panel and see if you can edit your PHP.ini file, if so them scroll through the file and look for max_input_vars and change the limit.

Make sure this switch is not commented out with ; in front of the input line.

If you can not edit the file yourself call your provider and ask them to do it for you.

You can also try putting this file in the root of your shop and see if you can edit the translations it worked for someone else I helped with this.

rename the file to php5.ini as you can not upload .ini files to the forum.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i just edit .htaccess  in prestashop root folder , add this code to the last line :

php_value max_input_vars 10000

this work currect

thx guys ;)

thanks dude,

this tips also worked for me...

easy....

thanks for sharing... :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have had the same problem, it happens that I was putting the php.ini file in my root directory, then I followed the steps as @vekia says and voila! my php.ini must be in my administration directory (public_html/admin) instead of root directory (public_html) and this is my configuration:

max_input_vars = 10000;
max_execution_time = 1000; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = -1; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 1024M; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

Now it works like charm, thanks you all, see you around. If this helps you please don't forget to click on #Like This button...  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an issue with these settings.

(I asked my host to add a general with all settings php ini to my prestashop root so that i can make moves when i want).

I if i add php.ini to the /admin folder with these settings, the Pecl Memcache dont work and the translations module work..

If working only with the php.ini in ROOT settings, PECL memcached work, but the translations module in admin dont work, admin dont see the

(suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000

max_input_vars = 10000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000).

So thats a little problem. I dont know if anybody else seen this problem (1.6.0.9 Prestashop Version).

• 1 year later...