[SOLVED] How to change the "Login to your customer account" mouse hover message

Sorry about the lack of info from my side vekia

My prestashop vresion is v1.5.4 (the last one)

I am using the default template

The login mouse hover is the one in top of the page near to the welcome,

when i mouse hover it diplays a message in english and i want to translate that.

and by the way, how do i translate the "Cart" for another language?

tanks for the reply vekia.

-edit: i attached a screen shoot from the login mouse hover.

post-448914-0-50539400-1364768197_thumb.jpg

Edited by tekcenter (see edit history)

go to modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl you've got there something like:

{if $logged}
  <a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
  <a href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")}" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="logout" rel="nofollow">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
 {else}
  <a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
 {/if}

you've got title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" - and you can edit it if you want in this file

this should help

• Like 1

Tanks vekia it works!

but there is no other way to do this?

if i have a multilingual shop, only the main language will have the full translation

there must be another way, because if i switch to Spanish on my shop the "Login to your customer account" mouse hover message it shows in Spanish: "Conectarse a su cuenta de cliente"

tanks for your help vekia it help me a lot!

-edit: inside the folder: "modules/blockuserinfo" there is another folder called translations that have all translations in their respective lang files: pt.php, es.php, gl.php, index.php

but how can i activate the translation? its not working!

Find the solution!

If your store is only in one language the method vekia described works :

"go to modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl and edit the blockuserinfo.tpl file"

If you have a multi language store, do this:

copy via ftp the folder "blockuserinfo" with all files inside from "modules/blockuserinfo" to "themes/default/modules"

then go to your admin back office > Localization > Translations, in the Modify translations select from the drop-down menu: "installed modules translations" and then select the lang you want translate for, then search for: "Module: blockuserinfo

and translate for your desire language.

its a shame that prestashop makes harder to do simple tasks :(

Hey prestashop! why the blockuserinfo module isn't inside "themes/default/modules"?

tanks again vekia! Your precious info help me to find this solution.

• 1 month later...

Find the solution!

If your store is only in one language the method vekia described works :

"go to modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl and edit the blockuserinfo.tpl file"

If you have a multi language store, do this:

copy via ftp the folder "blockuserinfo" with all files inside from "modules/blockuserinfo" to "themes/default/modules"

then go to your admin back office > Localization > Translations, in the Modify translations select from the drop-down menu: "installed modules translations" and then select the lang you want translate for, then search for: "Module: blockuserinfo

and translate for your desire language.

its a shame that prestashop makes harder to do simple tasks :(

Hey prestashop! why the blockuserinfo module isn't inside "themes/default/modules"?

tanks again vekia! Your precious info help me to find this solution.

you've got right, but i just thought that translations feature doesn't work for you (in ps 1.5.4 is huge problem with this)

anyway, thanks for information

regards

Hello,

Is there a way to edit the welcome message that is next to the log in button?

Thank you.

http://img59.imagesh...omemessageb.jpg

i suggest you to create separate thread