[solved] Removing or changing "There are no products." in empty category

PrestaShop 1.5.3

I am trying to remove or change the "There are no products." that shows up at the top of empty categories. First I manually edited category_count.tpl and changed "There are no products." to "Please select a category below." as you can see here:

{if $category->id == 1 OR $nb_products == 0}
{l s='Please select a category below.'}
{else}
{if $nb_products == 1}
 {l s='There is %d product.' sprintf=$nb_products}
{else}
 {l s='There are %d products.' sprintf=$nb_products}
{/if}
{/if}

That made no difference, Next I went into the Translations in the BO for my current theme/language to change it there (after figuring out how to fix the pesky php max_input_vars error). As you can see below, the translation is already set to "Please select a category below." so it obviously just pulls that translation from the category_count.tpl.

2xNfMOq.jpg

I have tried changing this with Smarty Force Compilation on and off (not sure if that even makes a difference). I have spent hours reading through posts and have gotten no where. Everybody says just edit the translation. Well as you can see the translation is already set and it still doesn't work. Anybody got any ideas?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have changed the link of  my sub category to a new main category in top menu,now the sub category have a lot of products but when i open my main category  the message "There are no products " displayed .. while others existing  main category displays  the count of   their sub category products. please resolve ....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 23/2/2016 at 1:55 PM, studionic said:

To remove "There are no products" in Prestashop 1.6.1.4 edit global.css file from default-bootstrap

.page-heading span.heading-counter {display:none;}

Thank you. I'm wondering why PS just doesn't add this simple feautre in Back Office... best if configurable for any different category...

• 3 years later...