create bundle products exist? If not, why not?

Hi on Magento i see an option to create bundle products. With this feature i provide users for instance to buy a computer by parts, i could give users the chance of choosing bettwen a cheaper or expensive computer monitor, a keyboard, mouse etc. User could decide what he want to buy from a pack of products administrator put available on tha pack.

This must have a checkbox option to allow users to choose more than one option.

Check this video on time 9m 30s to have an idea of what i am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72Uul3XDuI

Go go go Prestashop!

You have two ways of doing that. You can use product attributes or you can use what are called packs.

Hi products attributs dont work because dont exist the option to choose checkbox to choose more than one product and about packs i dont find anything on the internet about that (do you know where i can read/watch about that?) but from what i see is that after the pack is created, the products of the pack appear below the main product and we need to add one by one to cart, and by doing that is not like the video above where we could check the products we want and the price is updated every time we doing that and this way we could check and uncheck the various itens and see whats the best price for us before we add the pack to cart as one product, not every item of the pack count as different on the cart.

Edited by b22c (see edit history)

I don't understand what you mean. The process is different in prestashop than magento, but you can achieve the same results.

I think not but i will try to learn more and then i will putt here my feedback, do you know where i can read/watch about Add products pack to prestashop?"

Thanks

I create a pack and the main product cost for instance 100Dls and show the button buy, and below the main product appear the itens of the pack like keyboard 20Dls and show the button buy, below keyboard show for example mouse 5Dls and show the button buy, this is like have different products, not a pack.

The magento way we could click for example on product "keyboard" and the total price is updated, only exist one price on the product page, and when we decided what products to buy we click buy and only one price is added to cart, On prestashop we need to add different products to cart.

You have two ways of doing that. You can use product attributes or you can use what are called packs.

Hi packs dont do this, its a different thing, but i found that what can do this!

Right now on Catalog/attributes and values we can define an attribute by:

1 - List drop down

2 - Radio Button

3 - Color

4 - Checkbox (If in a future version of prestashop they added a 4 option: "checkbox" clients of the store can do like magento bundle feature and choose more than one product on the same pack and the value is instantly updated.

Example 1 - If on the store exist a pen drive and admin give the customer a chance of choose bettwen 8,16,32,64 or 128GB, with "checkbox option" customer can choose to buy for instance the pen drive of 8GB + 16GB + 32GB at the sametime with only one click on "add to cart" and see the total price updated before add to cart.

Example 2 - We can also create a product like "build your own computer" and with "checkbox option" give the client different parts of a computer and allow him to choose bettwen different products and at same time client can see instantly what price he must pay, before add to cart and buy.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i would like a magento style bundle feature. I would not like ti use the modules from http://keutche-dev.com as there are too many options and the prices are insane.

This needs to be a core feature

Hi Shoulders,

Indeed, you're right about the number of options, I'm trying to reduce them and I hope soon I will be able to only propose 3 differents options (default, advanced and full) per version.

About the pricing, well I don't think the prices are that insane. You should be aware that the more you need options,the more the price will be high. I spent a lots of time developping that pack feature.

But every time a customer got in touch with me, I managed to find a solution that pleased both of us.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

@ keutche

i have attached a picture showing you magento bundles (PM59) and a demo product (PM52C). This is all that is needed. No mulitple options etc..

As you can see in the admin, on the product bundle tab you can add muliple rules and on each rule you can select dropdown, tick box, radio button etc.  you can select the products for the rule by seaching while creating the rule and whether thaey are mandatory etc..

also you can see on the product page the bundle options are on the right. Can you set this in your plugin?

you might want to grab magento and have a play.

This is what a bundle plugin should do.

Does your module do this?

thanks

post-16140-0-58974100-1382436139_thumb.jpg

post-16140-0-26516900-1382436149_thumb.jpg

Edited by shoulders (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Totti,

You want to be able to select which combinations, should be displayed in the bundle right ?

I had started working on such features a few months ago, but since I had some other requests from customers, I did not develop it completely.

If you're looking for that feature, please PM me, we will discuss further about it.

Regards

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...