Making language options stand out.

hi all, hope i put this in the right place.

ok, here's the situation. i REALLY liked the elationbase liquid theme and so far so good with adapting it to my needs BUT (and this is a huge BUT), the change language option on the template is not very obvious. you can see it in the upper right hand corner of the attached screengrab, there are not even flags so it does not exactly call your attention to it.

i've tried to put up an index.html homepage (entry page) with language options to be the first thing all visitors see but it causes a bug and an error message when one adds products to the shopping cart and it is not possible. it only happens on the elation template, not the default one so must be a template issue.

i've done a bit of a design in one of the promo banner positions that has flags and language texts on it and that should help but i would like to have some flags as well like on some other templates that are either fixed at the top of the page or one flag that drops down to reveal the other lang. flags as on many templates.

a picture is worth a 1,000 words so please have a look at the attached screen grab mok up (mockLANG.jpg) and let me know what you think i can do. is there an add-on module that does this or is hard-coding my only choice? i am NOT a coder so i do not look forward to having to hard code it :(

thanks for any advice,

jer...

post-520279-0-33062700-1364572608_thumb.jpg