Customer Service notification emails

Hi all,

My shop has just been created and am now in the testing stage. I got my test customer to send a message to customer services and he (the the customer) received a confirmation email, but I (the registered Customer Services representative) did not get an email. I logged into our shop and saw the message, so replied and the customer got an email, he replied back, but again I got no email notification, I had to log into the shop to see there was a message.

I did another test and this time the customer attached a .jpg file to the message and the shop did get an email saying there was a message.

So, does anybody know if you can set it to automatically email the shop customer services agent letting them know somebody has used the 'contact us' in the shop and if they ever reply?

I do not want to be logging into the shop to check for messages twice a day when this will be selling charity items and I will be lucky if I get 1 order a month!

Thanks all

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Have you setup your Customer Service/Webmaster contacts in the back-office? Go to Customers > Contacts and edit the email addresses if necessary.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks,

Joel

Hi Joel B, thank you for your comment, yes I had set the Webmaster ad Customer Services contact details but this wouldn't alert me when somebody sends a comment. In the end I was able to fix it by changing the email address. I have set up an email account of 'customer.services@' but when I set a new one up of 'sales@' it all worked. I verified the password and other things and they were always correct, so it must be the style of email address that it didn't like.

Hi NikaGomez, thank you for your comment and while I agree, this is a charity shop which I will run for them. I am married with 2 young children and a full time job and I will manage the site in my spare time by myself, so there is no way I could have a live chat as I might if I am lucky be able to spend 30-mins to an hour each day to process orders and this will be at night once the children have gone to bed. Would be a nice idea if we had 2-6 people working on the site, but since it is just me, there is no hope. Thank you though for giving the suggestion and offering the advise.