2 out of 3, BOGOFs and other offers

I'm new to PrestaShop so excuse me if this is answered somewhere and I've not found it. I'm loving the simplicity and speed of PrestaShop compared to Magento but there's a few things I seemingly can't do and it's been driving me nuts.

I'm creating a grocery store for a client and I can't work out how you can do certain common discounts and offers.

For example...

I've created a product which is a bottle of wine. It comes in three 'colours' - Red, White and Rose. Each sells for £4.99 but you can buy any two for £4.50 each.

To achieve that discount, I've set the 'Specific Prices' option to be £4.50 and the 'From' option to 2.

The problem comes when a customer adds a third bottle of wine. That also gets the £4.50 price discount.

I've also tried creating a Pack containing two bottles of wine at £9 for two. That works ok but you can't specify mixed packs. ie. One White wine and one Red.

So I'm stuck with that.

I then moved on to BOGOFs - Buy One Get One Free. Again, similar issues.

I've had a look through the addon module store and there seems to be a few modules that may address this issue and I'm wondering what other people are using to do these kinds of simple offers that are commonplace in grocery stores?

I'm using v1.5.3.1 currently.

I've partially solved this problem in a roundabout way.

Instead of creating Packs or rules in Specific Prices, I've created a Cart Rule under Price Rules in the admin.

I've created a blank voucher code that applies a 0.98p discount if 2 bottles of wine are in the cart. This is much simpler than editing products or creating packs and also makes it simpler to manage price promotions and discounts.

It doesn't however solve the problem of what happens when the customer chooses 4 bottles of wine. They only get the single 0.98 discount applied, not 2 x 0.98p.

I have to say, this problem is causing major grief and if I can't solve it, I'll be back on Magento. This is fairly basic stuff IMHO and Magento does this perfectly. Surely there must be a solution to this?