Shipping in ounces converted to decimal pounds?

I am shipping very small packages and using USPS First Class Parcel. The pricing is measured in ounces. There is no option for ounces. So I have converted the ounces to pounds in decimal format. So 1 oz would equal 0.0625 lb. However, when I enter pounds in this decimal format in the shipping settings, it is not working correctly. When testing a order, the shipping is kicked to the highest available option as if it is out of range. For example: I made a test product with a weight of 0.0625 lb. Shipping should have been $2.07 for anything from 0 to 0.0625. Instead, it applied shipping for the highest weight option for that carrier. So the shipping was applied as $3.77 which is for 0.7501lb to 0.8125lb

Are we not able to use decimals or fractions of pounds? What do I need to do to make this work?

This is in 1.5.3.1

Edited by AFemaleProdigy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

hmm strange, it might be having a problem with the decimal. Weight is just an arbitrary number, just enter the oz's for things in whole. Enter all the weights in the shop in ounces. You can go to localization > localization and change the unit from lbs to ounces.

Turn your debug window on and look at the output. It should output the weight and you can see if the decimals are getting truncated. I honestly don't see the problem in using ounces instead of pounds, it might be your only solution if you want things to work.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I have set up my shop's weight unite in ounces, however neither the USPS or the UPS module will accept ounces in their weight unite when configuring the modules, I get this error message:

Does anyone know how I can get around this? It would be crazy for me to convert all my light products into pounds as some only weigh 1/16 of an ounce. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...