kangaroobaby

Paypal Error:State is required, Help!

I am using 1.5.31. and paypal version 3.4.6

The customer is from Brazil always get the same error.

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-03-27T02:41:47ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Please help on how to solve the problem,.

Thanks in advance

I have the exact same setup as you and am having the same problem. I've had orders from all over the world but there seems to be a problem with orders from Brazil. I get the same error as you do. I don't have express checkout enabled. That was giving me this error in the past.

Did you have a look in the PayPal forum? (thread could be moved there)

Ongoing debate what's going wrong recently with paypal State checking, express checkout.enabled, out of date API credentials, newish PP module updates etc.

Post back when you find a solution.

Yeah, I glanced through there and nothing really showed up in a search that seemed to be the same issue.

I had this issue a long time ago and found out it was the Paypal Express Checkout button. I disabled it an haven't

had the problem until now. I added the states to Brazil and made sure states were checked yes in Countries.

Hopefully that will work.

Weird thing was before I did the localization. I went into the customers address and the State drop-down was "kind of"

there. It said State and had a drop-down that wouldn't work. Then it would just disappear on it's own.

Now after the localization states I added, the state drop-down is always there and lets me choose a state. Fingers crossed.

Why only Brazil though? Well at least the only one that people have ordered from that had an issue.