Products display depends on Country?

Hi All,

Actually i want to display products depends on country, means i want to give an option to view only some products which are related to that country or peoplse. I dont want to display all the products. For this i want to track ip address and from ip address need to find the country and display country specific products. I know the logic but i dont know how to make it work in real time. Can anybody help me in this.

Thanks inadvance......

Regards:

Kiran

Edited by kiran4prestashop (see edit history)

Hi,

this is must be a very complex solution. You must have strong PHP, OOP and Prestashop skills for doing it.

But first of all you need edit some logic from ProductController, CategoryController, classes: Category, Product, Order.

Some helpful hooks: displayAdminProductsExtra, actionProductAdd, actionProductListOverride

Regards

Hi All,

Actually i want to display products depends on country,

Kiran,

Instead of IP address, if you are ok with differentiating the customers based on their customer group

1) create different customer groups for different countries

2) Assign sub categories/categories for each customer group, viewable ONLY by that particular customer group

3) Allow only logged in users to see prices

4) the only thing I guess is you have to manually assign customers to a particular group based on their country

Hi Thanks for your replay.

Actually you are saying that we need to display products only for registered user? If so what i have to display in the home page of the site. Because as per your view, logic will works only users who are loged in but not before because we are differentiating products depends on user groups.

Actually i want to display only country wise related products in each country not all the products in each country.

So please help me.

Regards:

Kiran

PrestaShop by country catalog is pretty good but one can not set category by country.

My Geo Targeting Pro module may help or at least give you something to start thinking about. You can also play around with the native PrestaShop geo localization.

The easiest way to do this without modifying code is to use the 1.5 multishop, create a ccTLD country code Top Level Domain for each country and only have the products you want in each of those country stores. yourdomain.fr yourdomain.de etc. you can also use subdomain names fr.yourdomain de.yourdomain

Hi Elpatron thanks for your reply.

If we are created multistore for each country means, there is a chance to upload same products multiple times. I am sayiong because if there is product which is commonly available in US and UK means needs to add in both stores US and UK.

But actually what i am thinking is while adding a product i want to give an option coutries list also, by this admin can select option to choose countries also. So i need to add code manually to work it. Please help me.

Regards:

Kiran

Hi Elpatron thanks for your reply.

If we are created multistore for each country means, there is a chance to upload same products multiple times. I am sayiong because if there is product which is commonly available in US and UK means needs to add in both stores US and UK.

But actually what i am thinking is while adding a product i want to give an option coutries list also, by this admin can select option to choose countries also. So i need to add code manually to work it. Please help me.

Regards:

Kiran

I would not be able to code this for you.

Kiran,

Instead of IP address, if you are ok with differentiating the customers based on their customer group

1) create different customer groups for different countries

2) Assign sub categories/categories for each customer group, viewable ONLY by that particular customer group

3) Allow only logged in users to see prices

4) the only thing I guess is you have to manually assign customers to a particular group based on their country

if you have domain by country, then this suggestion should be looked at first.

else you would need to code this yourself or hire a developer, as the only module I know about that does what you want is not 1.5 compliant....

http://www.prestatoolbox.com/multi-store-prestashop/88-products-per-domain-name.html

you can contact that developer to see if they have plans to upgrade to 1.5

• 4 months later...

I think i have understand your demand. You want to push your customer to select a coutry or by their iP address. You want to show the products only related to the country.

I am newbee at Prestashop (Just started today) developemnt but if you can wait i hope i will be able to deliver the module in three weeks and i need more discussion with you.

Edited by saif11 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...