[solved] Invalid carrier or no carrier selected - can't find problem

PS 1.4.9 - The cart has been working fine but I only used it for Downloadable products.

I was setting up a test product NOT downloadable, and I am getting the infamous "Invalid carrier or no carrier selected".

I've read all the posts/topics I could find on this. Set up a new carrier, made sure to check price ranges, made sure zones were assigned. Made sure countries are assigned to zones. Etc.

Put in an address, get stopped with the above error message, use "previous" button to go back and try again, and can clearly see the default carrier in the cart, but still getting "Invalid carrier or no carrier selected". The carrier is definitely assigned to the right zone, the zone has the right country (North America and USA). States are assigned.

http://www.runningal...5-mile-run.html

I am completely stalled. What do I need to do to get past this?

thanks

bjp

post-304053-0-85548600-1364182621_thumb.png

post-304053-0-42210900-1364182623_thumb.png

post-304053-0-67124900-1364182632_thumb.png

post-304053-0-62618600-1364182637_thumb.png

Edited by bjp (see edit history)

hi bjp,

all the steps u have carried out is correct have check whether the product is being shipped by a particular carrier , go to products and edit it and in the shipping menu of a product select all carrier r the carrier which u have created and the save it.again add the product in the cart and check it the particular carrier will be displayed . if not post me... you must get it sure....

Edited by karthik who_am_i (see edit history)

Hi karthik, thanks for replying.

When I go to the product screen via the catalog, I don't see any shipping menu. This is on PS 1.4.9. The tabs across the top are 1. Info. 2. Images 3. Prices 4. Combinations 5. Features 6. Customization 7. Attachments. If there is a shipping menu on the product screen, I can't locate it, can you suggest where to look?

bjp

Was the link you provided a non downloadable item? I tried to order it and came all the way to the payment step, but no carrier to select or so. Where exactly (what step) do you go wrong?

Sorry, was doing my own testing and made one downloadable and one regular. Problem persists, however use this link to test instead:

http://www.runningalliancesport.org/events/26-baytown-bud-heatwave-5-mile-run.html

thanks for any suggestions

bjp

ya sry that shipping menu in catalog were present 1.5.2 , i vl check and come back to you ....

Thank you for looking. :)