Ghost items appearing in shopping cart

Hi, I have recently started business and I chose PrestaShop as my platform to sell items. My version is 1.5.3.1.

I've had some problems with the Finnish translation but after Googling and editing required files I have managed to get the site running well, people can order stuff etc. At the beginning I only had one product available and when I tested it everything was fine.

However, I have started to add products and today the first real order came in. I was happy but then terrified: The shopping cart shows all of my products in for the spesific order and I would have no idea what the buyer bought unless it would show correct price:

http://postimg.org/image/iagxxki2v/

The item the buyer bought is a Magsafe charger since the total sum is 60€, but in the future if I cannot fix this it will cause severe problems. I don't sell Macbooks so that item is left from the original template.

What can I do to fix this?

post-520233-0-01861400-1364141166_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elecco (see edit history)

In the second order Macbook did not show up, but the tablet PC did. I read somewhere that if you replace "vieworder" with "deleteorder" when you want to remove order totally it will lead to this. The tablet PC has been there since the beginning and I have done many test orders with it, the charger is a new product and it is not added automatically, probably because I have never tested with it.

I started to create fake orders with my own account to see if after some of them the order ID thing would be fixed and only the product I order would be on the list. Of course, if better advices appear, I'm listening.

EDIT: now that it only adds the tablet there by itself and on a separate row, I think I can continue keeping the site up since I know that one of those rows is the ghost.... but still, fix would be appreciated.

EDIT2: That fake order thing worked, now it wont add items by itself! Of course now I have lots of fake orders which I however did cancel immediately....

Edited by Elecco (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

hey Elecco. 

i am having this same issue and it is driving me crazy!!!

i don't understand what EXACTLY you did to fix it, can you be more specific? 

what "fake" orders did you place to fix this?

what do you mean by "order ID thing"?

i am DESPERATE HERE!

thanks,

jez...

Hi guys, 

I think you must clean the database. You have delate sample products in the site but still you have some mess in database. Test orders etc. 

Go to you MySQL data base, make a backup and delete all test information, sample products and all the mess you left before. 

And it came in because you have the same id of cart or order or products in cards. Check that and all will be fine. 

Elecco - I know your method is working but it will mess your orders list and numbers after all 

Edited by Wroyes (see edit history)