Can't add new products

Can't add new products. First it says the product name is empty and I haven't even start typing the product name then after that it says input a friendly url and then it says error saving the product. Can this be a file permission error? I check all permissions on installation and the installer said they where right. But just in case which file permission should be 777 to verify it or is this is another problem?

Help My client is waiting for me to start uploading products!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-26792-0-50061900-1364006478_thumb.jpg

Your database is missing that table.

Login to phpmyadmin, locate ps_product and add a new fieldwith the following values:

name: redirect_type

type. enum

length/values: '','404','301','302'

encoding: utf8_general_ci

;)

I fixed it. the problem was the dump file from the new template was messing up mu database. I reinstalled the script and when installing the new template I did the positions by hand instead of using the dump file. Now I can't register new uerss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I managed to fix it by going to folder /install/upgrade/sql/

Then open 1.7.1.0.sql . Then search and replace PREFIX_ with your SQL database prefix. Then copy the sql and execute it with phpmyadmin  (import function).

Si vous avez ce problème impossible de créer des produits ou en dupliquer des existants

C'est que la mise à jour de la base de données s'est mal faite.

Pas de stress il suffira de la lancer manuellement

perso j'ai migré de presta 1.7.1.1 -> 1.7.1.2 et j'ai eu ce problème

j'ai donc modifie le fichier 1.7.1.0.sql se trouvant dans le dossier /install/upgrade/sql/ de la nouvelle version de prestashop (que j'ai telechargé evidemennt manuellement)

Puis j'ai édité ce fichier et j'ai modifié a l'interieur tout les mots PREFIX_ par le préfixe de ma base dans mon cas ct prstshp_

ce qui donne: PREFIX_ adress devient prstshp_adress

(évidemment car ce fichier de mise à jour ne connait pas la structure et donc le prefixe de votre database)

Une fois tous les PREFIX remplacé (fonction remplacé de notrepad++ par exemple)

Enregistrer le fichier

Puis importer ce fichier 1.7.1.0.sql fraichement modifié dans votre base de donées

ET TADA votre prb est réglé