Rules and regulations for German web shop

Hi,

I am building a ecommerce web site usig presta shop, since I moved from open cart to prestashop I am new to prestashop. As you all know Germany has some strict rules and regulations about ecommerce web sites. I need to know what modules I have to use to make legal ecommerce site for Germany? Or do I have to read their laws and make the modifications by my self? I tried using the GermNext module but it doesn't work with the theme I purchased for this project.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I guess the German forum would be a better place for specific German probs like this.

Anyway, be it! There are currently three possible ways to adapt PrestaShop to German law - all freeware:

1. Germanext by Silbensaiten
  2. GC German by Gurkcity
  3. A somehow amateurish but nonetheless fair solution called 'Buttonlösung'

Alone GC German comes along with a readymade adaption of the default theme. But currently all these solutions have to be adapted manually to a third party theme.Without these modifications PrestaShop wouldn't work fine.

So if you want to keep your own theme you must choose now: Are you skilled enough to modify your theme by yourself, or are you interested in asking one of the first two companies for help and advice?

Modifying your theme like solution 3 is quite easy even for newbees.

If you don't want to go one of these ways I'm sorry you have to wait till (I hope ;) ) PrestaShop 1.5.6.