Uncheck terms of service prestashop

I was wondering does anybody know how to have the checkout process so that customers have to physically tick the box for terms of service?

With my store, every time somebody goes through the cart process, whether a new customer or not, the box is ticked for them. I want them to tick it themselves so there can be no doubt that they agreed. I think having it automatically ticked kind of defeats the purpose!

With my checkout I have changed the line to "I have checked my size and I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally."

It is very important for me as customers tend not to check sizes and this is a way of ensuring that I am not liable every time a customer fails to check their size!

Its always been unchecked for me, have you had any changed done? Might be work looking at the code to see if the inital state is set to checked?

Nothing has been changed, unless it`s something to do with the theme? Do you know what files I should be looking at?

Yeah go to themes > your theme > Order-carrier.tpl around line 267 should see something about the terms and service. See if you have

"checked="checked" applied for the checkbox element, if so just remove that. It should then show as unchecked.

That`s strange, I removed that line forced recompile (no cache) and it`s still checked?!

Yep, themes -> my theme -> order-carrier.tpl

I also have it set in the admin.

I hadnt got it set before today, so I set it, assigned the cms page, but then wanted to remove auto check, but for some reason it`s not working.

Does prestashop store theme files in any other directories?